Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I reach to the sky and call out your name

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

Ktulu & Apollo
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

The sound of snow crunching under their hooves and the cold bite of winter air kept Ktulu grounded as she and Apollo strolled slowly around Denocte's lake. The brush of his shoulder against his, the ever so faint touch of his tail against her legs when the wind whipped up around them anchored her in the moment. Her mind didn't wander back to Helovia, to Lakota, to Murtagh, to Archibald, to Eytan, to Ophelia, but instead remained solely focused on the present. On Apollo, who had been by her side for too many years to count. She glanced at him, offering a subtle smile when she caught his eye. A second later her gaze was back on the expanse of snow that stretched out before them.

Life within the borders of Novus, specifically within Denocte was quiet. Slow. Almost boring. There seemed to be very little rush when it came to doing anything and it was something that Ktulu was not used to. Her life, prior to landing in Novus, had been full of turmoil, strife, and countless obstacles, and had been extremely rushed. There was always a situation needing attention, individuals waiting to give reports, spars and patrols to be assigned, contracts to be negotiated, and payments to be received. She'd never had much time to just walk around and enjoy the company of someone else and now that she did ... she didn't know what to think of it. She enjoyed it, yes, but she was also wary of it she tended to lose the things that she loved.

Apollo touched her shoulder and drew the dark mare's attention to himself. He seemed preoccupied, lost in his own thoughts as he lipped at the lines of her shoulder marking, and she wondered what it was he was thinking about. Probably Zola, she decided as her attention returned to the path that stretched out before them. They often thought of their companions, the both of them still reeling from their sudden disappearance and the resulting holes it left in their hearts and souls. At least they still had each other to help mend their wounds.

"This is nice,"

"Yes." Ktulu agreed softly. "It is." The breeze whipped up flurries of snow around them as they walked, but as the breeze died down the snow began to fall softly once more. It was a frozen wonderland, an oasis, a haven for the two battle scarred warriors and Ktulu found herself more and more thankful that Apollo had asked her to take a walk with him. It wasn't the first time he had sought her out and they had walked together -- in Helovia they had often walked the borders of the Foothills together as they discussed herd matters. Now they hardly spoke, finding just as much comfort, if not more, in just being next to one another.

“Ktu, I…”

The tone of Apollo's voice made the Constrictor stop walking and she turned her head to him, waiting patiently in the falling snow for him to say what was on his mind.

"There’s something I want to tell you. Something I should’ve told you a long time ago.”

Ktulu was not a stupid mare. She knew that tone, she knew the hesitation, the attempt at avoiding eye contact because you were about to open your heart and bare your feelings and desires to someone else. The two of them had danced this dance before, back when they were much younger. He professed his love to her and she offered her own. Years had passed, times had changed, but her heart had not. "I know." She said quietly, her gaze remaining steady as she watched Apollo. "Me too."

"."

@Apollo
Ktulu
Image by Shyponies

Messages In This Thread
I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-04-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 03-02-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM