Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I reach to the sky and call out your name

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Apollo

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

As Ktulu halted their movements, Apollo did as well. The breeze picked up, the cold air licking at their stationary forms and pulling at their hair. Once he would have been nervous. Once, the Merciful would have stuttered over himself, beating around the bush as he struggled to find the right words to say.  Once, cowardice would have robbed his words, stealing his breath and holding his tongue. He would have backed out, backed down, and pushed his deepest most sincere feelings down to be ignored. Once, years ago, he had done these very things, in a forest very far away from where they stood now, on the eve of a great battle. There had been pressure last time, the terrifying question of ’what if she doesn’t make it back?’, or ’what if we never see each other again?’ spurring him on. Now, though…

Now, Apollo did not stutter. There was no pressure. He did not trip over his word or shuffle his hooves like an inexperienced colt who knew nothing of life. He did not gawk or mumble, terrified of rejection. It was simply the two of them, Ktulu and Apollo, together through it all. As the Constrictor’s gaze focused on his own, captivating glittering crimson meeting soulful honey, he could only smile. He met her gaze, proud and unashamed. Why would he ever feel ashamed of the love which he held for her? Her words, the soft, ’I know. Me too.’ were all he needed to hear.

“… I’ve never stopped,” he admitted, his tone gentle and affectionate, deep with honesty, with devotion, “Loving you. For so many years, Ktu. So many years.” A lot had happened, since the last time they stood within the Deep Forest of Helovia and had spoken of their deeper feelings. They had loved and lost. Apollo had lost her, to others. Thoughts of the Poisoner crossed his mind, of their dear Lakota, lost to an illness that no magic could heal. Of their son. Distance had grown between them, between he and his dark lady. Uncertainly had plagued them, in times of peace and war. Staring at her now, at her beauty, knowing her strength, her conviction, her cunning, her spirit, her love, Apollo couldn’t help but still be captivated by her, utterly and completely.

“We’ve each lost so much.” Family. Friends. Lovers. Homes. Zola and Eytan. “But somehow… We’re here. Together. Through it all, we’ve found each other. The world rained down around our ears and we lost what we once had, but… If there is anyone who I’m glad I found on the other side, it’s you. It’s always been you.” There was no equal. There was no one who understood him quite like she did, and he wondered, not for the first time, how he could have gotten so damn lucky.

Gone was the stuttering uncertainties that so often plagued Apollo’s voice. His trembling tenor, now, was strong with conviction, with strength, with determination. There was nothing to fear, here. With Ktulu at his side, he could face anything.

“I love you, Ktulu. I have never stopped loving you, not once in all of these years. You are my world. I’ve told you how I felt before, but we were so young.” So inexperienced. Truly, they hadn’t even a clue what life would have in store for them. “If there is anyone I wish to spend the rest of my life with, it’s you. At my side, forevermore. Equals, in life, love, and death. I pledge my heart to you, my soul, my honor and loyalty. It’s yours… If you will have it.”

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

@Ktulu <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Messages In This Thread
I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-04-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 03-02-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM