Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I reach to the sky and call out your name

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

Ktulu & Apollo
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

Ktulu couldn't remember when it had been that Apollo had become more than just a medic for the Grey. Or an Earth Medic for the Foothills. She couldn't remember when it was that he had become more than Apollo, her friend. The only thing she knew was that, somehow, over the years that they had worked a together and walked side by side he'd become an intergral part of her life. When he was gone she felt as though there were a part of her that was missing. Incomplete.

Maybe the shift in the way she viewed him had come after Ophelia's departure from the Grey. He had been the only one that had sought her out, had shown concern for her mental state, and had offer any kind of assistance. Maybe that was when she had started to love him. Or maybe it was the numerous times that he'd tended to her injuries after battles, spars, and challenges. During those times they would talk about everything from contracts, to patrols, to how cold the coming Frostfall might be. It could have even been during their patrols, where they would walk in comfortable silence as they both worked to make sure their home was secure and their family was safe.

Whatever it was that had brought on the shift in her view and her heart, Ktulu was thankful for it. She couldn't imagine what her life would have been and how it would turn out if she had turned him away when Phaedra had brought him to her, seeking entrance and approval into the Grey.

"...I've never stopped."

"Me neither." Ktulu answered easily. They may have been young that time in the Heavenly Fields when they danced together and confessed their feelings, but Ktulu's feelings had not changed. Her heart still beat for the Merciful and still longed for his presence when he was absent from her side. Even when she had promised herself to others -- to Midas first, and then Lakota -- she had still loved Apollo. She had still wanted him, but she had also thought he could find someone better than her to give his love to. Someone far more worthy of him.

And yet here he was.

Here they were.

Same song, different verse.

"We've each lost so much..."

Her eyes closed and there was a ghost of a smile on her lips as she listened to Apollo. Everything he said was true. They'd lost their family when the Grey had gone their separate ways. They'd watched friends fall in battle as they tried in vein to protect their home. They'd lost Lakota. Their home countless times. Their companions that had been anchored to their very souls. Truth be told, if Ktulu had not found Apollo on the other side she would have thrown herself off a cliff to her death after having lost her sister, her lover, and her companion.

"I pledge my heart to you, my soul, my honor and loyalty. It’s yours… If you will have it.”

"You've saved my life in more ways than you could ever imagine, Apollo." Her eyes finally opened and she looked at Apollo, her gaze soft and unguarded. "My feelings and my heart have not changed since that time in the Heavenly Fields." She said. "Everything I said then is still true now." And she couldn't imagine those feelings ever changing or fading. "I want you to stay with me. I don't want anyone else by my side." I don't want to give my heart to anyone else. I love you.

"."

@Apollo
Ktulu
Image by Shyponies

Messages In This Thread
I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-04-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 03-02-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM