Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I reach to the sky and call out your name

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ktulu

Ktulu & Apollo
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now

"Then by your side I'll stay. Forever"

That promise was one that Ktulu had heard many times over. From Ophelia. From Lakota. From Archibald. One by one they had all broken their promise in one way or another and had left her alone, picking up the pieces of her shattered heart. Each time there were shards of it that were missing and left her changed. But, for whatever reason, she believed Apollo when he made the promise. Yes, he had come and gone over the years, but he always returned to her.

"Do you remember? When we met?"

His question brought the faintest smile to Ktulu's face. Of course she remembered when they had met. How could she not? "I do." She answered. "Phaedra brought you and I thought she was out of her mind bringing someone so meek and gentle into a band of mercenaries." She turned her head to look at Apollo. "I almost turned you away." She admitted. "To save you from life as an outcast... as a mercenary." But she was glad that she didn't. Gods was she glad that she didn't.

"You've grown so much since then." The black mare pressed on. "You've grown stronger. More confident." But he had never lost his gentleness or his kindness. Perhaps that was why they had worked so well together when they had lead the foothills. She the unforgiving, militant leader and he the gentle, democratic one.

Apollo and Ktulu. Yin and Yang.

"Do you remember when you fought Confutatis?" Ktulu asked suddenly. She remembered watching the battle unfold in the valley. She remembered the blinding rage she felt at Confutatis. And she remembered the pride she felt as he fought, and won, that made her chest ache. "I'd never been more proud of you. Or more impressed." She also remembered wanting to tear the wretched mare limb from limb for daring to challenge Apollo for his title as Chief.

Ktulu leaned closer to Apollo, relishing in the warmth of his body and the soothing comfort of his presence. "I wouldn't change anything, either." She agreed, despite all the pain that she had endured. Everything had culminated to that point. To this wonderful, beautiful moment. "What now?"

"."

@Apollo
ooc:// i'm terrible D:
Ktulu
Image by Shyponies

Messages In This Thread
I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-03-2018, 09:36 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-03-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-04-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 01-04-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 01-05-2018, 10:11 PM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Ktulu - 03-02-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: I reach to the sky and call out your name - by Apollo - 03-03-2018, 10:29 PM