Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Lyra!!! on ice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Seree

"Are you alright?!"

The equine with a crown of golden antlers shook their head to clear the fog of the tumble, a snort-like noise coming from their throat as they shook off the dizziness. It would seem they had been too preoccupied with their play and had neglected to notice the approaching figure, looking over their shoulder to see a dark blue making her way towards them.

Slowly drawing their legs underneath themself, they focused on remaining stable as they slowly rose, the black of their base coat glittering with frost from the ice and emerald hooves almost dancing atop the frozen surface as they tried to keep their balance. Oh goodness, they had never had a problem with the weight of their antlers before now, but now the top-heavy nature of their head nearly sent them sprawling once more before they managed to get themself under control, eventually rising to stand as tall and proud as they could, shaking out their head and giving a pleased whinny of greeting.

They weren't quite of the mind to try and walk towards the other mare yet, instead settling for calling out across the distance between the two.

"Yes, yes, I am quite alright. I am not too used to walking on ice and simply went for a little tumble, but I'm quite alright, if a little winded."

The last was said with humor, their voice seeming to sing as they spoke, not mockery, but amusement at their own mishap. They were alright, and so it was more so funny than anything else.

Now that they had themself more so under control, the equine furrowed their brow in concentration, giving a light push with one of their back hooves and finding themself sliding ever so towards the blue mare. They put the hoof back down, shifting their weight further onto it and lifting the hoof on the other side, before deciding to lift the forehoof as well, pushing lightly with both of them to give themself a greater boost.

That almost sent them sprawling again, but they kept upright, and repeated the action with the other side of their body.

They went for another tumble once in the time it took them to close the gap between the two mares, but managed to get up with assurances that they were quite alright. They rather supposed falling was simply part of the learning process, and learning they were.

Now, that is not to say that they were a master of the art by the time they made it to the starry woman, but they were quite pleased with their progress, a happy snort falling from their jaws as they gave thanks to their love of dance. It seemed all the work with balance had paid off, and they shook out their mane once more as they approached, now getting to figure out how to stop themself as they nearly bumped into the unknown woman, smile becoming sheepish as they just barely avoided collision, even if they weren't moving too terribly fast.

"So sorry, it's rather a work in progress. Not too sure what I'm doing, but it is fun."

@Lyra

OOC: Now they gotta get married I'm sorry that's just how it works

Messages In This Thread
Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 01-04-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Lyra - 02-13-2018, 04:10 PM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 03-01-2018, 02:46 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Lyra - 03-28-2018, 01:26 AM
RE: Lyra!!! on ice - by Seree - 05-11-2018, 04:30 PM