Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Midnight Excerpts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

ISORATH

In all his years, Isorath has never been exposed to so much snow and frosted wind. Oh, he has spied and crossed snowcapped mountains as the white flakes danced from the heavens, had the frigid talons of arctic chill prickle across his neck and exposed flesh. Those were fleeting, passing things, he had always weathered the Winter in warmer places, where winters white dress was the stories of haggard travellers and gruff vagabonds.

On reflection, momentarily drawn from the current thoughts which flittered through him, he wished he had spent more time among wintry landscapes. There was something about the pristine white, the soft melting flakes and the icles which hung proudly from slumbering trees which touched the soul with a sense of calm.

A different, almost sombre serenity adverse to the warm, contented peace one would find in the heat of summer.

All thoughts were interrupted when a stranger approached, lilac hues peering curiously through a thick curtain of snow white lashes as they approached. The delumine reminded him much of cherry wine and cream on hot summer days, with a frame that was arguably as feminine looking as his own. Gemstones a vivid shade for eyes, not unlike the pink opals he often saw set in gilded bridles and bracelets. Isorath's head tilted in interest, a curled earn flicked forward as his gaze dropped to the dainty wings at his feet.

Briefly, he remembered his initial thoughts when he had met another with wings not blessed for flight. How cruel for the God's to not bless a pegasus with flight.

Welcome to Delumine, stranger, I am Ipomoea, Emissary of Dawn. I hope your flight was well, the air seems rather brisk today.

"It was rather bracing," he replied silkily, with a hint of amusement coloring his words, "fortunate it was that I brought my cloak to stave off most of it."

He isn't opposed to the staring, or the curious glances artfully hidden as room observations. It's no secret that his own pride and vanity did not preen at the notion, soaking up the attention and glowing for it whenever eyes lingered a little too long. Some were more polite than others, waiting with polite restraint until they were invited closer. Like Ipomea, the twinkle in his eye was his only tell. "You can come closer, you know." He stated after a small period of silence, the smile on his pale features impish as the words drifted into the air. "I don't bite."

From where do you travel?

"Ah, where are my manners." Standing up straighter, cloven hooves shifted in the snow. "I'm Isorath, the Regent of Dusk Court. I'm here on behalf of Terrastella to invite you to join us for our Winter's End Festival. It will be a rather beautiful affair."

The latter part added as more as an after thought, lilac eyes finally left rosy pinks to gaze up at the heavens, smiling just faintly as the snow drifted and settled on his scaled bridge.  

TAG: @Ipomoea

space

Messages In This Thread
Midnight Excerpts - by Isorath - 01-04-2018, 09:38 AM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Ipomoea - 01-06-2018, 11:16 PM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Isorath - 01-08-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Midnight Excerpts - by Ipomoea - 01-20-2018, 02:03 AM