Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - A Note For A Lioness

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Auru

Thinking of adventures in the unknown beyond the courts borders brought to mind an adventure preceding his debut into the Bellum Steppe. For once, there was a time when, in a fit of panic, the Commoner had barreled straight for Verenor's Peak, not knowing where to go and needing to seek spiritual guidance.

The encounter had been... awkward, and a little unpleasant, but he thought he had seen something, if only for a moment, in eyes that seemed like they had seen too much. Familiar, in a sad way.

He didn't know her, not really, but he felt she might enjoy having a little something anyway. A little reminder that no matter the pressures the world piled upon your shoulders, sometimes, it was okay to step back, and simply be yourself. It was okay to not be perfect all the time, and not everyone would hate you for showing weakness.

It was a lesson that he struggled to internalize, but because of that, he was the one who would never judge another for showing vulnerability, and sometimes everyone needed someone like that.

So he left her a note anyways.

"Thank you for not making my presence feel as though it was a burden, even when I was so clearly out of place. I hope you found whatever you came there searching for. - Auru Geniven"

She would understand.

So he set down his quill and dried his paper, folding and threading the note with ribbon, before inscribing an address on the front.

For Seraphina

Because that was who she was, at the end of the day.

He walked back along the boardwalk, searching for just the right place to leave the note. It was hung on a muted gold, like the sun, but without needing to blind you with it's light to know what it was. He strung it upon a higher up branch, in a place where, from the looks of things, at a certain times of the day, sunlight would shine in through the branches and illuminate it as clearly as the light of day.

@Seraphina

OOC: <3