Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Little Dark Age.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

R E I C H E N B A C H

The hallway was quiet but not completely silent, the Dusk Court still breathed with life around them. His coins sang in the night, swallowed only by Asterions silent allure. The Night King could see why Aislinn's gazes paused so much longer upon the mans mahogany skin — could see that though he and his Queens brother looked alike, they were vastly different men. Asterion was like earth, his strength came from mountains and snowgrass, grounded and eternal. Reichenbach was a galaxy of chaos, filled with unbound emotion and an edge that spoke of catastrophe — no doubt he and Aislinn would have torn each other apart.

“The first queen – Rannveig? – said she had matters elsewhere, and named Florentine to take her place. I do not think Flora expected that,”

Reich shared Asterion's amused smile, though his great heart ached to think of the burden dropped onto Florentine's honey-gold shoulders. 

“Since then I’ve hardly seen her, she’s been so busy. But I think there is to be a party…”

A party? It seemed a very Denoctian thing to do in the wake of a coronation, but perhaps some of his chaotic ways had rubbed off on Florentine. The thought made him grin, his teeth gleaming through the shadows. He was surprised, once again, by Asterion's careful insight as his twin spoke;

“I am sorry no one told you sooner. It must be as surprising for you as it was for her. It seems that Dusk has some, ah, positions unfilled as well, which can’t have helped.”

He'd never been able to hide his emotions very well, so his surprise at the insight must have been written clearly across his handsome face, along with the pleased smile he wore. Asterion would have made an excellent Emissary, had he been confident enough to do so — despite his lack of political knowledge, Florentines dark-skinned brother seemed to put everyone at ease. 

Reich could smell the kitchens even before they rounded a corner and were faced with their warmth and comfort, breathing in the spices as a slow grin rolled across his black lips. The kitchens were one of his favourite places in every home — they were honest and full of delicious things to eat and drink, welcoming for everyone from Kings to dirty-handed Crows. His voice lost it's echo as they entered, Reichenbach leading as his telekinesis grabbed pots to make coffee and unmarked bottles filled with golden liquor. 

"Being Queen can be overwhelming. Florentine will need all the support she can muster — filling those positions in Court will be vital to her success, and I think..."

Reichenbach paused, offering Asterion a steaming cup of coffee mixed with something resembling whisky,

"I think she will need our support especially — I feel better knowing you are here to watch out for her, should things turn awry."

@Asterion 

Messages In This Thread
Little Dark Age. - by Reichenbach - 01-09-2018, 05:46 AM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Asterion - 01-16-2018, 05:51 PM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Reichenbach - 01-18-2018, 05:42 AM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Asterion - 01-19-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Reichenbach - 01-23-2018, 08:40 PM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Asterion - 02-02-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Reichenbach - 02-27-2018, 07:52 PM
RE: Little Dark Age. - by Asterion - 02-28-2018, 11:05 AM