Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Starscape

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

he'll rekindle all the dreams
you took a lifetime to destroy

Her reaction to Reth was subtle — but a King of Thieves noticed everything, for anything could be used when you knew what to look for. He considered the reaction, but pressed it away to mull over later. It wasn't unusual for travellers to react strangely to tales of their homeland, for most were either escaping it or trying to return to it, some loved their birthplace and others despised it. 

Still, he could not help but to raise his brows minutely at her title — Ashes of the Sun, blessed and cursed by Solomnus and Xamis. Reichenbach knew little about their Gods, only the reverence with which the Children of the Sun lived and died, and the strictness of their rule. Ultimately, he wasn't surprised when her eyes turned guarded, carefully revealing only what she wanted him to know, a warrior not only of the body but also the mind. He had always appreciated the way others could hide their emotions, provide a guarded slate in place of the emotion that flickered through his argent eyes — but had never envied them. His was a life of vitality and truth, there would be little use in hiding his emotions.

Noctiilucent.

He repeated the name in his head, rolled it over his tongue until he was certain he could pronounce it correctly, memorising it as he did all new members of the Court. Her voice was similar to the soldier he had met — precise, polite and capable. She had been made a warrior by Reth and it's Gods, a runaway soldier searching for a place to start anew. It was all he knew of her, despite the obvious past that haunted her steps — and so he said as much;

"I'm afraid I have not heard of your past — all I know of Reth I learned from an ex-soldier, who told me his own stories of The Children of the Sun... nothing of a Noctiilucent, nor of a daughter of Reth named Ashes of the Sun"

His words were careful, considering. Denocte was home to so many that had chosen to run from the path life had presented them, they housed all kinds — from the warriors like Noctiilucent to criminals and castaways. If Noctiilucent wanted her past to stay in the past, she had stumbled upon the right place. He told her so, his voice deep and genuine;

"If you have chosen to abandon your past, Denocte is the right place to start anew. The bonfires will be blazing tonight, as they do most nights... perhaps you would like to join myself and my partner, Isorath, so that we may show you the wonders our City of Stars?"

His head cocked slightly at the question, a pleased smile hovering about the corners of his black lips as he awaited her answer.

@Noctiilucent yay they are so cute!! I would love for them to be friends!! Also tagging @Isorath for the mention xx

space

Messages In This Thread
Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-15-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-17-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 02-19-2018, 06:02 AM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 04-03-2018, 01:33 PM
RE: Starscape - by Reichenbach - 04-12-2018, 07:48 PM
RE: Starscape - by Noctiilucent - 06-02-2018, 07:59 PM