Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Off the garden path [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I'm broken, lying helpless, shattered,
surrounded by the world

The rosy lady is nothing like Weir. Only their gender really links them, and their general paleness. But this bitch... her attitude matches her pelt, matches the weather of the peak - cold. If I were a normal stallion her immediate rebuke might have stung like a slap to the face. But I have been stung by far, far worse. I have been stung by hornets and you are but a honey bee. I can't help but smirk as she turns and continues away from me. "I'm not put off so easily, love." That, and now I feel I've got a challenge. Not that I have an overwhelming desire to be with this stone-cold creation. But her attitude is enough to wake something inside me that says - yes, I'll have a cup of that. Her gaze tells me she's intrigued.. though I sense perhaps she doesn't want to be.

But no one.. can resist.. THE MACHINE!!

My thoughts are broken by the arrival of a young mare, still more like a filly than an adult. Her naïveté is palpable; her thoughts are worn not just on her face but her entire body. I feel a small pang.. tenderness.. though why tenderness must be painful I'm not sure. I tilt my head with curiosity and feel the adrenaline ebb, lessening though not entirely disappearing from my body.

Victorina, she calls herself. It's not a name I've ever heard, though why should I? No one here in Novus is familiar to me. The older mare is snarky in her 'greeting', if you could call it that, and I felt myself bridle. "There's no need to be rude to her," I snap. But then Icy seems to soften. Completely ignoring me, her next question to the filly is gentle and actually helpful.

I step forward. I glance over the child. She's heavily built and a bright strawberry roan. Were I the cradle-robbing type I might have made a pass - I have an unspoken thing for roans.... but luckily for everyone, I'm not the creepy uncle. My tone is sweet as well when I speak. "Victorina, I am Rostislav. I, too, am wandering unknown paths. But this world is called Novus." I spare a second's pointed look at the pale unicorn, implying displeasure that she couldn't have just answered Victorina's question simply and helpfully. "Certainly if we can help, we will." Better toss my card into that hat, too. Just because I can be an asshole doesn't mean I have to be.

"."
@Victorina

Messages In This Thread
Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-15-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-15-2017, 06:50 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-18-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-21-2017, 05:50 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-21-2017, 04:36 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Victorina - 06-22-2017, 03:48 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 06-22-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-24-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Off the garden path [relic contest] - by Nimue - 07-08-2017, 05:36 AM