Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - night eternal.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

i'd rather be spitting blood,

Her rage was a beautiful thing — and at any other time, Reichenbach would have marvelled at it, cheered it on as he watched whatever poor soul was on the receiving end of her thunder... but this time it was him, and The Night King had a temper to match, even surpass, the stormsinger before him. He could feel it catching with each breath, a red film that coated his lungs, his throat, his vast heart. 

"you have never once picked up the pieces of the harm you've caused,"

They were too alike, Aislinn and he — proof lay in the man she had fallen for now, a Dusk boy, gentle to her wrath — what Florentine had been to him. They raged and they sang and they danced, they adored bruised fists and bloody lips, couldn't stand to be indoors or in the same place for too long. It was true, Aislinn was more noble than the King of Thieves, possibly had more purpose than he... and had a noticeably more loyal heart. It only served to anger him further, her righteousness. 

Perhaps the most frustrating thing, the thing that turned his breath to flame and set his shadows writhing, was the fact that he had no idea how to pick up the pieces she asked for him to collect. What pieces? For what apology could he say that had not been, or would not be, thrown right back into his face? His bone white teeth glinted in the firelight as he flicked his ears back, seething as she dared say;

"Or do the people who have loved you mean nothing to you now?"

Caligo help him, Aislinn did not know the man before her if she could say such things. Did she not know that he felt every emotion as if it were that hurricane brewing above their heads? That he felt everything deeply — love and guilt possibly more than any of the others. 

He snarled, shadows enveloping them both, bringing the scent of jasmine and woodsmoke, the tang of magic brewing. His own magic was responding to hers, excited as it swelled and pushed against his resolve — after what had happened with Florentine, he wasn't going to risk releasing the dark magic against his Champion of Battle. Reichenbach felt his chest go tight, tight, tight;

"You know that is a foul thing to say,"

He spat, infuriated — how did you say sorry to someone whose heart you broke? "Oh apologies for falling out of love with you, that was a terrible thing to do." Right. 

"I don't know what answers you seek, Aislinn, but know this — I have loved, and continue to love, all of my family. I love Florentine, still. I love you — I always will. But I am not in love with you, or Florentine, or even Gods damned Swallow."

The name sent a hot flush through him, he'd not thought about her for so long. He recovered himself swiftly though, eyes flashing as his thunderous voice filled the shadowy air.

"I will atone — but will you? It is easy enough to point fingers and blame, Aislinn, but you loved me then, after weeks. I never offered you a life together, I never even gods-damned kissed your lips. And how long did it take you to find Asterion? Your heart is as dangerous and fickle as mine, stormsinger. Don't pretend you're innocent in this."

@Aislinn have a douchey Reich in return haha She can hit him / maim whatever you like at any time also xx

space

Messages In This Thread
night eternal. - by Aislinn - 01-22-2018, 09:21 PM
RE: night eternal. - by Reichenbach - 01-30-2018, 09:02 PM
RE: night eternal. - by Aislinn - 01-31-2018, 11:53 PM
RE: night eternal. - by Reichenbach - 02-05-2018, 10:25 PM
RE: night eternal. - by Aislinn - 02-19-2018, 12:20 AM
RE: night eternal. - by Reichenbach - 02-28-2018, 09:42 PM
RE: night eternal. - by Aislinn - 03-09-2018, 07:50 PM