Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - little suns, little moons.

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosheader.jpg]

Rhoswen

The world around them slowed to a hum -- a cool, simmering hush that eased in and out of earshot like the bubbling of an southern tide. Rhoswen's slender lobes twitched at the crackle and hiss of fires far below, her dark eyes distracted momentarily by the sight of a long-haired child streaking through the black market stalls; would her own child wish to run here so, wild and rugged? Or would they lust for the scorching swelter of the Mors just as she had as a girl? Only time would tell.

”Congratulations,”

Rhoswen's storm-scattered gaze flickered back to Aislinn, watching the woman's eyes run over her curved flanks before speaking of Gods and Goddesses. She offered a thankful smile, though her own enthusiasm for motherhood was nothing if not misplaced. Her life was a quagmire of confusion, deception and sudden blinding self-doubt, how could she possibly wish to bring another soul into that fen? "Thank you, I need all the blessings and guidance I can get." Danger seemed to lurk around every corner, waiting with slavering jaws for one mistake -- one opportunity to sink rabid teeth into her skin -- and her child would only feel that threat tenfold; if she remained in Solterra, that was. Both Raum and Reich had scrawled imperatives into the earth, declaring their opinion to be cardinal to her future; "your family is here, Rhos", "will you deprive our daughter of her father then?" and though her pride had swollen wide enough to rival the sun, she could not deny the fragments of truth in their words. Her child would be of both Caligo and Solis; a miracle, if anything.

Aislinn spoke again, and Rhoswen's lips twitched once more into a bitter smile. It was the question she knew so well, one she'd heard so many times, a tattoo upon her heart. "I used to be so sure of the answer to that, but now it seems the lines blur more and more every day," her tone was wistful, frustrated, but on she continued, "I left because here I see only shadows to suffocate me in the night; there is no beauty in the stars - only a cold white light that mocks me from on high. The moon is a cruel mistress when she does not love you." Rhoswen sighed, a memory of old. "But from the darkness Solis came; my dreams were gold and gilded and painted in sand." That was but a snippet of her story, but her heart was hardened from weathering the same thoughts over and over again. 

"Were you born here, too?"

Messages In This Thread
little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 01-28-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 02-17-2018, 11:21 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 02-25-2018, 08:37 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 03-20-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 04-10-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 04-11-2018, 05:10 AM