Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - little suns, little moons.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rhoswen

[Image: rhosheader.jpg]

Rhoswen
The change in the long, elegant lines of Aislinn's face was instant and lucid. The darkness seemed to shroud in closer, then, and Rhos twitched an ear in iron curiosity. But, in truth, the sun-soaked woman knew she should not have been surprised; to declare such a hidden truth so soon would always garner a reaction from the devout folk of Denocte. Their questions were pointed, bewildered: how could she have renounced her loyalty to their beloved goddess? Perhaps also this winged warrior had history with her brother; it would certainly not come as a revelation to the girl who had watched Reichenbach's frivolous folly from adolescence to ascension. No matter the underlying reason, Rhoswen was not naive enough to miss the alteration in the air, for the atmosphere had morphed quite suddenly into something a little more taut.

"I did not realize Reich had a sister,"

Such a confession did not instantly rouse irritation in the desert girl, for she did not care for her own notoriety, instead her frustration was drawn upon Reich's decision to distance himself from the family who had saved him. Yes, he had suffered alone and yes, his blood-mother had abandoned him at birth - but Iscariot and Severina had adopted him at only a few months of age, and had changed his life forever. Everything he had, he owed to them. Now King, he acted as though that ragtag band of Crows had raised him - a lie which brought a scoff to rush coarsely from her lips. "Adopted brother, I should add. Perhaps it does not suit Reich's title of King Crow to boast a family that loved and raised him as though he were our own blood." Though not a sentimental creature, it saddened Rhoswen to learn of the extent to which her family had disappeared from memory and knowledge, and she could not help but feel the familiar strain of guilt coursing through her arteries. The Levoire's had been wealthy - her father the commander of an offshore merchant empire that had contributed greatly to the war between Denocte and Solterra, but even that collapsed following Rhaeger's decision to leave; as heir, and possibly her mother's favourite child, it had crushed the family. Everything disintegrated after that; only she and Reich remained. 

Bitterness and disappointment soured the inside of her sharp, barbed tongue, and it was only the distraction of Aislinn's question that pulled her from such musings.

Rhoswen smiled tiredly as she read the wariness in those glacierblue eyes, of course she had been waiting for that.  How could she blame her? "To deliver my brother the news that I shall be bringing a child into the world," her admission was stark, but Rhos was weary of secrets, and wearier still of the loneliness they brought, "you know I am Solterran, do not worry to offend me if that is what you feared." Perhaps she was being presumptuous. Rhoswen's inky eyelashed fluttered against her angular, marbled cheekbone as she studied Aislinn quietly. "It's okay, Aislinn, I shan't be unleashing any sun-spears any time soon," she offered humour in the hope it would diffuse the tension that had been building in the passing moments. Aislinn had nothing to fear from a daylight-ridden girl lured time and time again back into the dark.

@Aislinn this is a bit all over the place <3

Messages In This Thread
little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 01-28-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 02-17-2018, 11:21 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 02-25-2018, 08:37 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 03-09-2018, 06:37 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 03-20-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 03-24-2018, 05:19 PM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Aislinn - 04-10-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: little suns, little moons. - by Rhoswen - 04-11-2018, 05:10 AM