Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

I P O M O E A

The day was turning into an emotional rollercoaster for the Dawn Court’s Emissary-turned-Regent. The shock he felt when learning of Kasil’s leaving was still fresh, running like an undercurrent through his mind. There was no escaping it; the dread and sick feeling overcame him when he was least expecting it to—in the middle of a laugh, or the moment he was about to fall asleep, it was there, gnawing anxiously at his subconscious brain. Kasil has left us.

He wouldn’t pretend to know the past Sovereign’s reasoning—Kasil had not deigned to let the Emissary know in person—but nor would he hide the pain, the rejection the sudden abandonment left him with.

His wings flutter nervously, and he’s suddenly self conscious: should he keep them open or closed? Are they folded too tightly? Does it even matter to anyone but himself? He fidgets: reaching up with his telekinesis to straighten the flowers arranged so delicately atop his poll. Odet taps at him with his beak, a subtle ’Stop that,’ prompting him gently to straighten his back and shoulders, lifting his head attentively.

But there’s still the itch; it crawls uncomfortably up his spine, no matter how he shifts his weight. Did everyone feel this way when they stood in front of a crowd?

When all eyes were on them?

Somnus’ touch was a reassurance; grounding him, reminding him that he was not alone in this. Kasil’s absence affected more than just himself—he would focus on that, for now. On his friends standing at his side and the Court they were here to serve.

He was silent through Somnus’ announcements, adding only a punctual nod to the end of his speech. He could feel the gaze of the Court on he and his compatriots, could feel the same shock and emotions that they must be feeling.

“Kasil’s leave surprises us all,” he began tentatively, his voice carrying poorly across the courtyard. “The rest of Novus is changing—” between the other three Courts, it’s amazing this is the only one affecting us,’ “—but we are here together; and together we should remain. We must look strong and be strong now.”

He’d have to remember to have Odet write his speeches for him the next time he needed to speak publicly; simply winging it wasn’t his forte it would seem.

@Somnus & delumine <3
”here am i!“
space code
neverrmind art

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM