Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Stand by Me [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

The echoing of steps followed Eulalie down the Court streets as she moved in the direction of the flowing crowd. The encroaching night made no impact on the gathering called to the courtyard and she, like all the others, was more than curious to know what news was to be had. Although, she thought, that there seemed to be very few to fill up the yawning space, the shadows growing thicker as the sun set. It kissed her in a golden glow, her ivory coat reflecting the warm rays as they haloed the stray pieces of hair that were not tightly woven into her braid.

The warrior moved her way closer to the front, her dark chocolate eyes sweeping over the assembly before them, confusion pinching her brows together. Each of her internal questions was answered as soon as Somnus began to speak, his voice filling the empty spaces between the few who had arrived to hear the message. Though she had not resided in Delumine for more than a year’s time, Eulalie understood the gravity of what was being presented. Kasil, who had been king upon her arrival and, until now it seemed, had resigned, leaving Somnus to ascend to the throne. As they were all faced with the truth of the Court’s numbers she could see how this would look to anyone looking for a reason to strike out.

She had, of course, spent much of her life looking for those exact reasons in order to avoid them.

They were capable of forging ahead, however, and projecting a firm image Eulalie was sure. In fact, they had to be, and in her mind Somnus was only a small part of that. She did not know him well, but watching him now she was sure he would be a fine king and would do everything he could to ensure Delumine’s progress and protection. He was not alone in that. He had his regent and warden, and each of the citizens as well. Together, as Ipomoea said, they were strong. They had no choice but to be.

Though she did not have half the connection to Delumine and its people as no doubt many of the others here, she had found solace and comfort within these walls. More importantly than that, she had found freedom, and she wished to see them all flourish rather than simply get by. Her mahogany gaze flickered in contemplation, wondering whether she was good enough for any of the positions that their new king sought from them. She would put her all into them, she was sure, but would she succeed? She would never know if she didn’t try.

“Pardon,” Stepping out of line after Liesel, another of the Court’s warriors, Eulalie raised her alabaster head high on her shoulders, projecting a confidence that was more understated than she would have liked. “Delumine was my sanctuary when I first arrived within its borders, and now I would like to serve it and its people in whatever way possible.” She glanced over the amassed bodies, unsure even if they wanted her to represent them in any way but knowing she would give her all regardless.

“Above all, it’s important that we do not give in, and that we continue to strive, to climb, and to always look toward the rising sun.” This was what had gotten her through, for each new day was a promise of new beginnings and hope. There was always hope, no matter the darkness that surrounded you.

ooc:  

Messages In This Thread
Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 03-09-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ipomoea - 03-11-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Ulric - 03-11-2018, 08:53 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Liesel - 03-11-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eulalie - 03-12-2018, 10:01 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Messalina - 03-14-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Pavetta - 03-14-2018, 02:20 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Orion - 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Eros - 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM
RE: Stand by Me [Meeting] - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 11:22 AM