Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starlit Revelations

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eidolon

Come to me in the night hours
I will wait for you

Suddenly so interrupted from his thoughts, Eidolon caught sight of the woman he was seeking. She stood there alone in the plains, a pale droplet of moonlight in the grass meant for a world so far above the earth. But now she was here, and the cosmos was out of reach. Only the sight of it was there to reawaken memories. Like him, she must have lost her divinity. Otherwise why would she not have immediately sought escape back home? Eidolon wasn’t fool enough to think she would stay for him. He loved her, but she did not reciprocate those feelings yet. Watching her, unspotted so far, he felt an apprehension in his chest. Like a cord wrapped around his most vital of organs had been plucked at. He wanted to be near her, and his legs took action before his mind knew entirely how to approach her.

It did not take long for her to see him, and her serene, if worried, countenance soon became bitter and standoffish. Eidolon was unwelcomed, and that cord on his heart tightened. Her voice did not hold the same sweetness for him it did for everything else. Could he truly blame her? He had stolen her immortality, her divinity, her former life in its entirety. Everything that was once hers was gone and all that was left was a vast unknown. Almost ironic, that she should face the same struggles now that he had when the void had given him life without connection to anyone else. At least with this new beginning they would have one another to confide in. Like new babes dropped into the world and told to run before they had learned to walk. Though she had faced him with distaste, Eidolon was not capable of the same, “Jezanna my dear, I sought you out only to ensure your safety.” His words dripped like honey, “And no, I have no one else but you. I have only ever had you.”

He stopped walking just in front of her; recognizing the tension that blocked him from going any further, “I understand you are upset.” In a way he felt betrayed: knowing that feeling in him was unwarranted but unable to stifle it. All he wanted in this moment was peace between them. Some small part of him had hoped maybe she would grant him the same soft light she offered to everyone else. Now all he was getting was the sharp burn of the fire her father had controlled, “I did not plan for us to lose so much of ourselves, for that I will forever salt my wounds in failure, but this is where we find ourselves now. . . And we need a home.”

Now they got to the meat of things. What did they do now?

@ Jezanna

Messages In This Thread
Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-13-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-13-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-13-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-14-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-16-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-22-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-23-2018, 02:19 AM