Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Starlit Revelations

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jezanna

The Young Moon

Jezanna stood rigidly, refusing to allow her demeanor to soften or relax. She did not want him near, did not want his embrace nor his comfort. What comfort could he possibly offer her? He was as lost in this new world as she. No, he could not ease her mind no matter how much he might wish it so. His words left her incredulous, her eyes widening a fraction. She would not be drawn in by his sweetly spoken voice, dulcet as the words were. Did he truly believe that there was anything there for him, between them? Though she wanted to laugh she could not, for the truth of their situation strangled her every thought.

“I have never been yours to have,” she spoke, and though she attempted to control her tone it still had a bite to it. Jezanna did not pretend to know his inner monologue, but surely he could not believe the words he spoke. How was it possible when they had never even spoken before, when she had only seen him once on that day her parents had confronted him? Either he was hiding something or, heavens forbid, he was deranged and she needed to get away from him immediately. Wouldn’t that just be the icing on top of this cake, to have been carted away to some strange world by a lunatic. Joy of all joys, she could not wait to uncover that rock.

“Upset,” the young moon laughed and shook her head slowly, the angle of her hair swaying in the dark. She took a step closer to him, her shoulder squaring, “You have ripped me from everything I know and love,” her silver eyes sharpened, narrowing, “You have ripped me from my life. I am not simply upset, I am so many other things. None of which you deserve to know or can pretend to understand.” Jezanna breathed in deeply, quelling the flame within her. Only he had the ability to draw it out and to ignite it, such was her aversion to him, apparently. How was it that she would be stuck here with the only other she knew at all, but the one she did not want to be with.

She turned away from him, not fearing to show him her back. If he had wanted her dead he could have killed her. That, she was at least sure, was not his purpose. What his true purpose was however, she did not know. Her gaze swept across the prairie, tracing the sloping rise and fall of the land as the grasses waved in the gentle wind. Then she looked skyward, for though these were not her stars and this was not her sky, she took some strength from its presence.

“You are right in that, of course,” she conceded at last. “I have done a small bit of walking and it appears there is a sort of citadel to the south of here, though I’ve yet to step foot inside its walls.” A shiver zipped down the length of her spine, her skin tingling. Though spring approached, the night still brought a chill to her bones. Perhaps springtide was just the thing she needed, a chance for a new start.   “It may be a place to consider refuge.”

@Eidolon

Messages In This Thread
Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-13-2018, 10:31 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-13-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-13-2018, 11:29 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-14-2018, 11:24 AM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-16-2018, 10:57 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Jezanna - 03-22-2018, 09:22 PM
RE: Starlit Revelations - by Eidolon - 03-23-2018, 02:19 AM