Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - reaching up to the sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

and, when the friendly sunshine smil'd,
and she would mark the opening skies,
i saw no Heaven—but in her eyes
His admission was neither a relief nor a disappointment. Of course, if her King had seen one she would have loved to pepper him with questions. Oh, how curious this world of theirs. The elusivity of a thing brings more joy in witnessing it, despite the fact that all things are beautiful no matter how often one might see it. Still, she longed, hoping one day for that lucky break. It seemed that she was not the only one, as Somnus’ thoughts echoed her own.

“Perhaps today will be our day,” the golden haired woman mused, searching for his verdant gaze as he climbed to her side. His dismissal of his own precedence caused her to only shake her head slightly, a smile tipping up the corner of her mouth. “You are so much more than you can see.” Although she did not know him, she was confident in what she said. It was in her nature to see the best in all things, big or small, great or minute. From the way that both Delumine’s Warden and new Regent stood by his side, and so many came forth to offer themselves to be his Emissary she could see that much of Dawn’s people held him in high regard. No doubt he had earned all of their respect.

She did not look away as their eyes met, earth and grass, in an embrace of her tenderness and his levity. Eulalie found his company refreshing. She had met so few over her time in Delumine and she missed the joy of getting to know another, of seeing a familiar face in the crowd. Surrounding herself with good friends and good people was as important to her as the air she breathed. She could no sooner live without one over the other, and it had been just that which helped her to continue to live even when her days were dark.

When Somnus leaned toward her she dipped her head down to meet his, a conspiratory sparkle in her eyes and a grin on her lips. His whispered words and charming smile spoke of a much deeper secret than that which he shared with her, and his mirth was drawing her in, inviting her to be a part of something. His mention of Ulric brought only more fondness, for Ulric was dear to her and clearly he and Somnus had a bond as well.

“I dare say we will need to discover what it is they would like in exchange for your time,” she said lightly, looking to him as her grin softened. Eulalie’s eyes narrowed playfully, “Perhaps we shall just try and say, ‘Sorry, out for lunch’ and let them deal with that!” As his posture straightened, she too lifted her head, noting the way his attention returned to the river. She too allowed her gaze to roam over its surface, still hopeful.

“Knowing Ulric, I would tend to agree with his assessment,” she glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, wondering how often he gave everything at the expense of himself.   “I would be more than happy to take a stroll with you, of course only to ease poor Ulric’s mind.” A smirk played at her lips, but the offer was genuine. It would not be untrue to say that she could stand to get out more often than she did. Maybe it was high time she got out there again, made connections and built relationships. She was fortunate and grateful, still, for the few she had.

“Oh, nothing so fantastic,” the sunshine woman answered to his incursion of her own whereabouts. “I’ve spent my time getting reacquainted with myself, discovering what it is I’d like to do now that I have a whole world before me, unchained.” She did not know if he would take her literally, though the statement was exactly that. She stood tall for a reason, with her head held toward the sky. “I have come to the conclusion that the possibilities are endless, and I am happy to explore each of them,” as she finished speaking, she caught movement in the waters beneath them.

The trio was no longer alone. Two slick shapes rose up out of the rapids, mottled and pink and Eulalie smiled, a breath escaping her. The dolphins had come. “The world is full of miracles, we just have to be patient enough to let them reveal themselves.”
@Somnus dolphins!!

Messages In This Thread
reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 03-18-2018, 03:49 AM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-01-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 04-07-2018, 11:36 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-20-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM