Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - reaching up to the sky

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

and, when the friendly sunshine smil'd,
and she would mark the opening skies,
i saw no Heaven—but in her eyes
"You need not plead," Eulalie said with a smile, simple, genuine, "only ask." And it was a simple thing, her willingness to be there for Somnus should he want it so. The woman of sunflowers and sunshine required nothing, needed nothing, but the enjoyment she felt from spending time with another. It was a thing she longed for, and on this day he had given it to her unexpectedly. That was something she would not forget and could never repay—companionship.

They stood in silence, side by side, and watched the dolphins romp and play amongst the waves of the river. There was little that needed saying at such a time as this. No, the sunkissed pair did not spoil the moment with words. They only observed, and Eulalie was in awe, delighted by the event, the miracle, that had been given to them. She wanted only to remember all the details, the slick of their skin, the slope of their backs, their happy chatter. She wanted to remember it all, should this be a first and a last all at the same time.

Eventually, the dolphins did indeed move on, disappearing around a bend, beneath the waves, to some other point along the river. Eulalie looked after them for a short moment, the expression on her face contemplative and wonder-filled. This was not something she thought she would ever forget, not something she could have ever dreamed at any midnight hour. Her head turned to Somnus as he spoke, their eyes meeting once again.

"I feel the same," she answered, and could not help the laugh that escaped her as he mentioned how Ulric might react once he was told of their discovery. "I think he might be very sore indeed, the poor fellow. Maybe next time he might take his own advice and get out with you?" Her smile was bright, her earthen eyes sparkling. Eulalie didn't think she could have asked for a more delightful interaction to feed her soul. 

"I would be more than happy to accompany you back to the library if you want some assistance with the details?" Eulalie posed the question without expectations, though she assumed he would want to chronicle the occasion as soon as possible and they had spent a fair amount of time by the riverside. Preparing herself to depart either way, she turned toward the direction of the court, back up river. She glanced skyward, toward the sun which had steadily been moving its way across the blue expanse.  She wore a lighthearted smirk as she spoke, heading back along the river's edge "I have a feeling Ulric will be more than pleased with your adventure today, don't you?"
@Somnus I think this is as good a place as any to exit <3

Messages In This Thread
reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 03-18-2018, 03:49 AM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-01-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 04-07-2018, 11:36 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-20-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM