Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - reaching up to the sky

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Eulalie

and, when the friendly sunshine smil'd,
and she would mark the opening skies,
i saw no Heaven—but in her eyes
His voice broke through her thoughts, drawing her head up as her fine golden hair fell away from her freckled face. Brunet eyes alighted on the now more familiar form of Somnus, whom she had only seen for the first time at the meeting held to announce his rise to Sovereign. The ivory woman’s attention was stolen, just for a moment, by the beating of the barn owl’s wings as the raptor landed on the trunk of a tree which had fallen within the river. His bonded was called Alba, if she remembered correctly.

“Well,” Eulalie said softly with a smile, meeting her King’s eyes once more, “yes, actually.” Her neck arched again as she looked back into the waters of the Rapax, morning light dancing off the rushing waters. “I’ve yet to see one of these infamous pink river dolphins that supposedly share Delumine with us,” her voice was wistful, wonder filled. The world was filled with so many beautiful and unimaginable things, and this one still escaped her to this day. “I don’t suppose you’ve seen one?” Her limited knowledge about the winged man meant she did not know how long he’d called Delumine home. Surely longer than herself, she thought.

“Yes, that is correct,” she responded to his inquiry of her name, a gentle gleam to her eyes, “Somnus, it is a pleasure to meet you face to face at last.” Eulalie’s lips twitched as she held in a soft laugh, the cheer brightening her expression as the sun fell across her now exposed cheeks, her mane swept against her neck. Indeed they should meet so long after her arrival to the court, and still even later after he had taken Kasil’s place.

Better late than never, perhaps? Maybe there was a reason this day had been fated to wait until now, though she did not bother to dwell on it much. There were others more skilled in breaking down the rules and meanings of destiny. Yet where some believed your fate was concrete, Eulalie felt that it was your own to shape, as she had done.

“I must admit, I do believe I was one of the only ones who did not know you by more than your name at that meeting.” Her voice was not accusing in any way, as though it was a duty of theirs to have met, a job. For many months, in fact, Eulalie had been forced to recover physically from her ordeals, and by then she had already assimilated. Still, she enjoyed meeting others for as much of the world was filled with beautiful places and things, it too was filled with beautiful people who she wished to know. “Where have you been hiding, then?” the warrior woman joked, eyes inquisitive.
@Somnus c:

Messages In This Thread
reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-14-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 03-18-2018, 03:49 AM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 03-22-2018, 10:09 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-01-2018, 08:59 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 04-07-2018, 11:36 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 04-20-2018, 09:50 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Eulalie - 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM
RE: reaching up to the sky - by Somnus - 05-04-2018, 10:30 PM