Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- subpoena me [relic contest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Sometimes I'm surprised what I get away with in this world. My attitude, my carelessness. The stallion who had disturbed me - "the rather fetching one" - resisted taking the bait that I left out to lure him. He stays calm even when I snub him, and he tells me he knows as little of this place as I do. It seems that he is not from here, and that we are both equal strangers. My attitude subsides, and a casual smiles flits across my face. He asks what I'm searching for, and I'm just about to tell him when something falls from above me. I squeal in surprise and jump away from the column with more agility and grace than one would expect of a heavy set beast. I glance up at the top of the column, staring at it accusingly and wondering if it is going to drop anything else on me. When I am certain that my crown is safe - and out of the corner of my eye I see the other stallion rearing to look up and try to get a better glance - I move forward to investigate the item on the ground that has now caught my attention.

I take a cautious step toward it and extend my nose, sniffing and huffing as I try to detect what it is. It looks like simple stone at first, but there's.. something inside. Still focused solely on the stone, I nudge it with my maw. I gasp and step back as it cracks like an egg on a stove, and I look toward the other stallion with alarm. A second later the stone falls away to reveal a perfectly spherical object that's the color of iridescent gold. I wonder if it is solid gold, and if it has value or purpose. Nothing is certain. I swish my tail with annoyance at the unanswered questions. "Well," I speak to the creme brute, barely glancing him as I watch the gold sphere with care, "I was going to say I was searching for the relic of the gods. Do you think this could be it?" If he thinks I'll share the relic with him, he couldn't be more wrong. But how do I know if this is the relic? Are the gods going to descend?! I glance up toward the sky, but nothing happens. Huh.

WC: 394
Tag: @Martin

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-18-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-26-2017, 03:32 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-26-2017, 06:59 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Rostislav - 06-28-2017, 05:57 PM
RE: subpoena me [relic contest] - by Martin - 06-30-2017, 09:24 PM