Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

I S O R A T H
my kingdom burns under your touch

There is tension in the air. While Isorath swathed himself in his decadent jewels and silks, pressed his lips to the midnight ink and moonstone flecked material, and listened to the music and the melodic songs and chants of Veteris — he cannot ignore it. Not forever. He is compelled to do something, anything. The time for talking drew to a close, faster and faster, as wounded hearts and well, the wounded were stirred to anger.

At the very least, he can say he tried, in that wispy, almost breathless tone he uses when all voices died and the banners raised; before Aether comes down in a storm of ice and fire.

Then there will naught left but bones and ashes, and who wants to be King and Queen of that?

In the dim light of the evening, punctuated by the fires already burning, he glittered and glowed. His hair decorated with ornate, crystalline hair sticks in the shape of dragons and calligo, having embraced his history and his future both. The intimate moon trinket is still wrapped where Reichenbach had placed it, moons ago, precious and jealously guarded. Wreathed in a halo of warmth and luminescent scales, he moved across the stones as if he floated above them, a train of shadow and starlight followed him to keep the chill off where the braziers cannot.

He is drawn to Reichenbach like a moth to a flame, though he felt it was something more poetic than that. Something greater, something more fitting for the tome of kept histories. A Dragon to his Knight, Icarus to his Sun. Lilac met Silver, and his own smile easily slipped onto his features, there is that feeling in his chest again. That hopeful thing had blossomed into a fire, fed and contained now rather than left to be ash locked behinda rather pretty cage.

His head dipped courteously toward the Night King before it turned away to the equines he addressed in his next breath.

The forces of this world are moving, changing... reacting.

Curled ears pressed attentitively forward, drinking in the words Reich spoke. Whether those around them knew it or not, tonight marked a pivotol moment. The Game had began, prepared or not. Even Aether had felt the anticipation which poured out of him in great waves, enough that the Dragon had come down from his sky eyrie to watch the meeting with a curious gaze. He landed as he always did, a thunderous groan of the stones beneath his taloned feet as his breath rolled out as a rumbled growl. A deadly sentinel who would protect those beneath his winged shadow if Isorath commanded.

Aislinn Stormsinger, our Champion of Battle — will you step into the place of Regent and serve our City of Stars to the best of your ability.

Head tipped so he could look at the Stormsinger, a mixture of pride and fondness glittered in those lilac orbs. "My lady." A fine fit. For a moment his mind lingered on that discarded, jeweled piece he had worn upon his own regency, before he bitterly tossed it away and returned his attention to the now. There was no sense getting caught in unpleasantness, there will be no such weight upon Aislinn's head, he hoped, but the future was a smokey one. It twisted and turned in paths they did not yet know.

Reichenbach had picked well, a storm to back up his own shadow.

And Isorath Flamekeeper, as our most diplomatic citizen, will you step into the position of Emissary and serve your new Kingdom?

The Kirin cannot hide the momentary surprise which flicked upon his features, before they schooled themselves to something more neutral. "I don't know about being the most Diplomatic, but I do rather enjoy the wine and subtle barbs." Isorath mused with a breathless chuckle, his head lowered in a bow as the music in the air was interrupted by a plume of frost fire, and Dragon song. Aether's own declaration, and he can feel the volatile power, a surged of protective fervor swelled within the leviathan's breast. His eyes remained transfixed on the Night King, affection and determination a storm within them. "But I will serve my King, and my Kingdom. My talents, and my power, is yours."

The Emissary's gaze held onto that silver one for long as possible, until duty dictated Reichenbach must look away and tend to their people, and Isorath lapsed into another contemplative silence, stoked by his new position and the ignited bond between Dragon and Kirin both.

TAG: @Reichenbach & everyone else!
NOTES:
"sunshine dasies butter mellow!"

☀︎

Messages In This Thread
Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Reichenbach - 03-17-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang - by Lyra - 03-17-2018, 11:49 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang - by Aislinn - 03-18-2018, 03:36 AM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Isorath - 03-18-2018, 06:33 AM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Araxes - 03-18-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Dovev - 03-19-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Renwick - 03-23-2018, 07:06 PM