Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I watch him standing before us all. He's silent at first except for the jingling of coins that he always wears. The air about him is different. His casual, laidback, carefree demeanor has changed to one not of stoicism but much more stern, regal... purpose. He has ideas, goals -- plans. I'm different too. Though the stench of alcohol permeates my skin, probably there til the day I die, I'm sober. There's not a drop of booze to taint my blood and I'm as sane as I'm ever going to get.

My focus is not on those gathered around - Acton, Isorath, Aislinn, Araxes nor those that are unfamiliar - but the King himself. In short order he names Aislinn the new Regent, Isorath the new Emissary. I remain the Warden, which suits me just fine. I suspect that Reich has learned of my journey to the Dusk Court and my visit with Florentine. Perhaps he even doubts my loyalty and commitment to Denocte and the security of its denizens.

He shouldn't. The facts are there, sure. But I didn't go to Terrastella to make friends with the queen. I wanted to see if Weir was anywhere to be found - and the answer was just as Reich had said. It just so happened that I stumbled upon Florentine in the process. I don't know what made me want to hear both sides of their story, perhaps it was idle curiosity. But what I heard from her was not exactly comforting. You mean to confront him. I nod subtly to the question, posed more like a statement. I know he's your friend, but I'm not sure that's the best idea.

I snort quietly, but otherwise appear engaged in the goings on. 'It is because he is my friend that I must confront him. And because he is my king, I need to know if he's getting the Night Court into trouble for personal reasons. For foolish mistakes.' I will make sure that Reich knows my loyalty and reliability. But that doesn't mean that I won't attempt to hold him accountable for those things that I believe are morally wrong.

I do not ask to keep my position as Warden. If the King finds me suitable, he will keep me in that position. If not, he will choose someone else. That is the way of things.

Woo -- Rosti's all seriousness!
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Reichenbach - 03-17-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang - by Lyra - 03-17-2018, 11:49 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang - by Aislinn - 03-18-2018, 03:36 AM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Isorath - 03-18-2018, 06:33 AM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Araxes - 03-18-2018, 06:17 PM
RE: Wham Bam Shang-A-Lang [Meeting] - by Dovev - 03-19-2018, 04:49 PM