Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Gorey bits of me & you

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isorath

Isorath
a quote for isorath

you're over thinking.

'When am I not overthinking? I've not stopped thinking since that festival.' The Kirin responded with an irritated huff. That damned festival, where he'd found love and confessed his own, while being stripped of the position he had been fiercely devoted to. Where blood coated stone, jealousy had opened it's maw wide and had it's fill. It was merely the tip of a rather large iceberg. One made of blackened ice and flecked with moonstones. Sharks in the water reflected the colors of Dusk and Day, the water murky and unforgiving to those who slipped into it's waters.

Usually flights allowed him to escape such thoughts, but there was a tension in the line of his spine that he could not shake. Times were changing, and the world was reacting, Reichenbach had been right about that much. Aether sensed his disquiet and the dragon above him uttered a guttural noise, diving lower beneath the misty mountain fog.

It was not unusual for the Dragon to stray, but when silence reigned after a few moments, punctuated by the absence of large leathery wings. Isorath's brows drew upward and he stilled, in the air he lingered like a star composed of moon and star fire.

Until he heard Aether's earth shattering roar, and the distinct sound of a dragon in descent. The way the wind whistled and howled around his gargantuan frame. It was an unmistakable sound, one he'd heard plenty of times as Dragon's weaved and dived around his home, over the cliffs and across the waves.

Without hesitation he followed, blood pounding in his ears and wings drawn tight. What could of spurned the beasts sudden reaction? Gods, he hoped for the best, but he expected the worst. They had experienced the smoking ruins of Solterra and it's banners, perhaps he had spied a battalion of them making for the pass? Or Terrastellan banners, they'd lived long enough there to memorize the Dusk colors.

Kirin, a pink one. Simultaneously his heart leapt and fell.

"Aether!" He called, bellowed really over the rushing wind and the sound of the Dragon landing upon the cragged cliffsides of the pass. Aether's bulk crumbled the stone beneath his grip, as the Dragon scaled with a practiced grace and lowered his great head toward the pink kirin. Isorath isn't far behind him, landing on unsteady rocks as he used them to jump and glide to the ground.

'Stop worrying, Princeling.' Came Aether's bemused reply, as his maw parted inches from the petite frame of Jude, his head turned minutely toward the larger kirin. 'I have seen him in your memories, I merely wanted to say hello.'

"He's going to give me a heart attack." He announced, breathless from his sudden drop while his eyes landed on the familiar form, but not before he gave the bemused dragon a sour look. Isorath wanted to pull him into an embrace, press his muzzle into those pink locks and whisper fond words of welcome and happiness to him but something stilled his actions. A bigger concern, a much larger question took it's place instead. "I thought you left for Vectaeryn —" he paused for a moment, as if a rock had suddenly dropped upon the Prince's head — or a candle had been lit. "Please tell me you did not return to Terrastella? It isn't safe."

TAG: @Jude
"this here is your speech colour!

Messages In This Thread
Gorey bits of me & you - by Jude - 03-19-2018, 06:20 PM
RE: Gorey bits of me & you - by Isorath - 03-19-2018, 07:29 PM
RE: Gorey bits of me & you - by Jude - 03-19-2018, 08:07 PM
RE: Gorey bits of me & you - by Isorath - 04-02-2018, 02:28 AM
RE: Gorey bits of me & you - by Jude - 04-26-2018, 12:44 PM