Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - little ghost, so forgotten and small

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Acton

Acton
whatever you feed me I'll feed you right back

It was an accident that he noticed her at all, dark as a shadow even under the moonlight. He’d been looking beyond her, distracted by a flash of blonde that snared his attention, made him wonder –

But no. Surely Bexley was only dusty bones by now.

That thought, too, made him uneasy, angry in a way he couldn’t put a word to. And so he was glad to give his notice to a glimmer of moonlight on a horn, gladder still when he saw what the girl it belonged to was doing. The buckskin could be silent when he wanted; subtle as a shadow himself he slipped nearer until he stood just beyond her shoulder.

Acton reached out with his telekinesis and snatched the apple before she could, clicking his teeth in a soft admonition.

“That was clumsy, little thief,” he said, voice low, and ran his fire-bright gaze over her. There was nothing that spurred his memory, and several things he would remember if he’d seen them before – the long point of her horn, the bright blue of her eyes, the glimmer like fish-scales or crushed gemstones along her stomach.

All those things snared his attention, but as clear as any of them were her hunger and her fear. Those things he did remember, and it kept him from grinning.

With a shrug he offered her the apple, then his gaze darted briefly on the merchant, still distracted on the other side of the street. It was back on the stranger before she could vanish on him. “Follow me,” he said, and now he did smile, and motion away with a tilt of his chin. “And tell me who you are.”

He did not add that she should be glad he was the one who caught her, and not someone with more negative opinions regarding thieves.  

@Isra <3

Messages In This Thread
little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Isra - 04-07-2018, 04:29 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Acton - 04-18-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Isra - 04-18-2018, 11:56 AM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Acton - 04-18-2018, 02:48 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Isra - 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Acton - 04-19-2018, 03:35 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Isra - 04-20-2018, 03:46 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Acton - 04-21-2018, 02:58 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Isra - 04-24-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: little ghost, so forgotten and small - by Acton - 04-29-2018, 10:29 AM