Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - . skies are blue, haven't been for a while

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reichenbach

i'd rather be spitting blood,

"it is appreciated, my king. you... what is a champion of healing? have they won some competition? some people simply take longer than others to heal, you know, so perhaps you should just have them fix a small burn or scrape or..." 

As if he had opened the gates of her tongue, Moira's voice tumbled out all at once. It pleased him immensely, to hear so many words where before there had been none. His brow quirked slightly as her gaze dropped, a pleasant smile on his black lips that only grew at her sheepish smile — of all the things he had expected from Moira, he hadn't expected her to be quite so.. sweet. 

"denocte... has many new things i've yet to grow accustomed to. are you from here, reichenbach?"

He opened his mouth to respond — but was saved a response as Moira continued, her voice lilting and pleasant, engrossed in what she spoke of.

"where i come from, my family has lived for generations. we bow to our matriarch, for she is very wise and holds the heart of the family in her best interest. we are a many people, and i couldn't tell you how many cousins i have. actually, no, i could - they have us learn them all in our studies. but i digress... we are closed off from the world - my people are not simple minded, but they are not as receptive as your court seems to be. it's all i've known outside of estelle who is my dearest companion."

There was a pause as Reichenbach settled his argent gaze upon Moira's gentle smile, the softness that seemed to settle into her youthful limbs at the mention of her family, her world.. Estelle. Another subject he pondered upon, something to broach at another time.. perhaps when she had settled in. 

Another easy smile graced his face as he began to answer, his mind taking a moment to find it's way to her first question — are you from here, reichenbach?

"I was not born here, no.. But I was raised here, and I'd like to think that counts for something."

He flashed a wolfish grin before continuing; the baritone of his voice filling the room, full of life and humour. 

"I would be pleased to educate you on our fair domain, if you have questions.. Though sometimes in Denocte it can be more fun to figure things out as you go."

He considered what she had said about her family, her culture. In Denocte there was such a host of stories, their people were so varied and came from far and wide — only recently he had been learning of the Children of the Sun with Noctiilucent, and before that, Isorath's people, the Vectaeryn. There was room for more, plenty more — the more the better. Reichenbach was a firm believer in learning techniques and skills from whichever source they came.

"Your people sound wise... and similar."

A close lipped smile followed, his mind sliding to the Rahilah — they, too, honoured a matriarch, and they, too, were an isolated people... but perhaps no longer. Things were changing in their world... beginning with the first Sovereign to set foot in the Rahilah camp for over one hundred years. Reichenbach smiled, warmth emanating from him as he discarded his own thoughts to focus fully on the woman before him.

"To answer your previous question... Champion of Healing is simply a title, given to our most skilled healer."

Skilled not only in healing, but in bringing the healers together, too. Seree was pleasant, and a total busybody when it came to the community of healers — Reichenbach had no doubt Moira would be welcomed into their small ranks with open arms.. Denocte's community didn't supply a great deal of healers. 

"I'll tell Seree they have competition." 

He murmured with a jovial wink, taking care to keep the gesture innocent — his heart was notorious as it was, he didn't need his paramour taking anything the wrong way. Their relationship had started, after all, after an innocent visit. He studied Moira for a moment, murmuring;

"Estelle... where is she now?"

@Moira <3 

space

Messages In This Thread
RE: . skies are blue, haven't been for a while - by Reichenbach - 04-26-2018, 09:40 PM
RE: . skies are blue, haven't been for a while - by Reichenbach - 05-07-2018, 05:47 AM
RE: . skies are blue, haven't been for a while - by Reichenbach - 05-16-2018, 04:08 AM
RE: . skies are blue, haven't been for a while - by Reichenbach - 05-28-2018, 06:28 AM