Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - thy kingdom come. [meeting]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Though we are a fair distance from the Arma Mountains, the smell of fire - burning wood, soil, flesh - permeates the air, and my nostrils are filled with its pungent odor. The smoke rose against the horizon, curling up to blend in with the clouds above. As the denizens of the Night Court gather in the courtyard, stone walls penning us in for the pending speech, my gaze remains fixed on that horizon. My heart aches, and I could swear that through some link with my newly rediscovered magic, the aura of grief spreads out to envelope those around me.

I can only imagine the lives that were taken as Isorath's dragon, Aether, spread his frostfire. Not just the potential victims that were part of our herd, but the innocent creatures of the forest. The rabbits, deer, birds -- the forest that itself acted as both habit and natural border. Sure the mountains themselves were still there, but it would take decades upon decades for the area to recover and become what it was only hours ago.

Damaris weaves through the crowd, scaring unwitting commoners as she brushed past them. Those that did not know her were bound to be set on edge, especially with destructive dragons flying around. She sits down by my forelegs, and both of us change our focus to Aislinn as she begins to speak.

The gates are closing. This is your chance to leave. If you miss your chance, you must stay. This is to protect Denocte and her citizens. Praise Calligo.

I feel it starting within me. First it is just a tingle, somewhere in my spine. It spreads toward my head and toward my tail, tingling, growing warmer... hot. An anger.. no.. a rage. It grows as each horse steps forward to speak their mind. Isorath. Rhoswen. Lyra. Isorath again. And Acton. I'm shocked to find that, apart from Isorath and Aislinn, the feelings conveyed mirror my own. 'Shock that they agree with you? Or that you agree with them?' It's a fine point I don't care to argue. The cobblestone around my hooves begins to crack, and small tremors cause fine splits in the stone, emanating outward with the persistence of a ripple. I glance around, looking for Reichenbach. I want him to hear what I have to say -- but it cannot wait.

Damaris steps forward, baring her teeth and growling. Those standing in front of us jump out of the way, eyeing the slime that drips from her jowls with appropriate wariness. "The discord of our actions! Games and petty squabbles!" Greater cracks appear, and what I feel is not pissiness spurned on by inebriation; it's fully-sober righteous fury. "They're right!" I gesture toward Acton, for he is the representative for his and Rhoswen's barked replies. "It is our Regime that is at fault - not the rest of the Court! Specifically, the two lovers that rule together." I shoot a fiery glare at Isorath. In the back of my mind, a stray thought of concern scurries through: that Aislinn should realize that my anger is not directed at her. But it is, isn't it? She is the one here announcing this new "order of protection." She's complicit.

"It is because of Reichenbach, Isorath, and the Crows that are playing the games orchestrated by the Regime that this chaos exists! It should not be the choice of the guilty whether we free citizens are given the mutually exclusive 'choice' of staying or leaving. How, pray tell, do you find yourselves to be fit to govern us?!" The cobblestones around me have begun to crumble completely, and the radius continues to expand as each second ticks by.

And now all will see the indignant rage of Rostislav and Damaris.

ballllls DEEP. longest post I've written with Rosti in ages HE'S SO MAD
Rosti thoughts | "Rosti speech" | Damaris mindspeak

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Aislinn - 04-30-2018, 03:29 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Isorath - 04-30-2018, 12:07 PM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Rhoswen - 05-01-2018, 04:39 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Lyra - 05-01-2018, 11:27 AM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Isorath - 05-01-2018, 12:49 PM
RE: thy kingdom come. [meeting] - by Acton - 05-01-2018, 09:24 PM