Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Teiran

i'm meaner than my demons, i'm bigger than these bones

She watched him as he paused in the middle of a sharpening stroke, meeting her eyes. He appeared to be confused. She wasn’t sure why. If Teiran knew anything it was that there were virulent, unpredictable people in the world and that she trusted nobody, let alone complete strangers from other courts. There was too much happening among the relationships of courts for her to simply not be on her guard. Besides, her people were still recovering from a devastating attack. Although she hoped any who attended this festival got an enjoyment out of it they haven’t felt in weeks, the woman preferred to be on alert herself.

“You would not fit inside the bushes,” Teiran said matter of factly. If he wanted to try and squeeze into them then that was his business, but she couldn’t see why he would want to. She supposed there would be a lot of questions if he attempted to, however, so she guessed he was at least correct in that. As he continued to speak, she made a closer inspection of the blade in his tail as it curled up and over.

She couldn’t help but wonder what it might be like to have a knife constantly on your person, as a part of it nonetheless. She could think of several reasons that made sense to her as to why his actions might be mistaken, but what Teiran did not realize is that she was the only one at the festival searching for probable dangers. Nobody else would be waiting for him to strike out with it.

He may not be brandishing it as a weapon, but had Teiran something like that she certainly would always carry it poised to strike. A warning. He may not be a threat right now, but that did not mean she trusted him not to be one at any point in the future. Even as he introduced himself and her sage eyes slid over his face, waiting. The man dipped his head and offered up the crown resting around his ears and if her face registered the incredulity that she felt it was a subtleness in the widening of her eyes or the downturn of her lips.

“Teiran,” she said shortly, quickly, giving her name without a welcome or a smile. It was not in her nature to do so, not in her wiring to understand the intricacies of language and communication. She hadn’t needed social skills when she was being trained as a killing machine, and by the time she had left that behind it was almost too late for her to relearn them.

“I don’t see why I should have it when it’s yours,” Teiran responded, confused by the courtesy he was attempting to extend, “they would die very quickly in Solterra without any water and then it would simply be a dried, dead crown.”

"Speaking."

@Raymond Listen she's really bad at this "communication" thing...

Messages In This Thread
Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Raymond - 05-04-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-04-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-09-2018, 11:50 AM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 05-21-2018, 03:24 PM
RE: Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers - by Teiran - 06-01-2018, 11:05 AM