Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the Evening Light

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Thorvald

THORVALD

He's steadily becoming used to being one of the tall ones. While he's sure he is not the tallest, there is always someone taller, bigger, meaner — his warrior instincts sigh with an age old wisdom — he towered where he once brushed shoulders. It is not a bad thing, he supposed, after all he had a preference for shorter things, if he was so bold enough to indulge his sense of humor.

The Golden pegasus is amiable enough, exhaustion and all, it bled through like fracture lines in marble faces in his voice. The weathered cracks in Ymera's grand visage, comes more readily to mind, in the many sea temples he had once bowed knee deep in salt water to praise her. Pleasant even if time had ravaged it, such as the busy day had taken what appeared much from the dunalino. "Ah, I can imagine." Val agreed easily enough, punctuated with a sip of his ale. "It is hard to keep an eye on so many faces, and to make sure that no one gets up to any mischief." The last part is exhaled in a half-huff of humor, as dry and cracked as it is, it's an animated response for a man who is as still and stiff as a corpse most of the time.

But, the night is also long. Many preferred to come alive at Night, such festivities practically birthed the practice. To come alive when the sun went down, and to retire when it crested the horizon. Icy blue eyes peered at them all as they passed, flickering images illuminated by firelight, their faces joyous and only a litle bit inebriated.

And you? Exhausted by the masses? Or are you simply taking a moment of respite as well.

An ear flicked at the question, as the Dawn King observed him. It's neither out of annoyance or discomfort. He had asked the question first, it was only kind that the golden man returned it. "A momentary respite. I admit, I'm not as used to crowds as I once was." Val eventually answered. "Even then, they were not as vibrant or as happy as this. At least sober and on land." There's a twinge of melancholy buried in there, somewhere deep down beneath the humor.

I don’t believe that we’ve crossed paths before. Are you new here?

"I came here not too long ago, yes." He's also not been the most social, but he omitted that from his statement, or really present in Delumine. It made for a bad first impression, didn't it? "Names Thorvald, though many seem to just call me Val for the ease of it. Warrior by trade." Val had never claimed to be good at introductions, there was something oddly uncomfortable to the whole thing. In Skoan everyone knew each other, and then as he'd drifted, he'd simply avoided most of civilisation that required someone to know your name and your business. "And you are?"

TAG; @Somnus
NOTES; here the undead grump is

space

Messages In This Thread
In the Evening Light - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 08:56 AM
RE: In the Evening Light - by Thorvald - 05-13-2018, 11:12 AM
RE: In the Evening Light - by Somnus - 05-13-2018, 12:02 PM
RE: In the Evening Light - by Thorvald - 05-13-2018, 01:24 PM
RE: In the Evening Light - by Somnus - 05-26-2018, 12:22 AM
RE: In the Evening Light - by Thorvald - 06-09-2018, 04:56 AM