Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - For the birds

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Silas

He did not move, even as he was greeted with the sound of approaching footsteps. The small brown wing of the sparrow continued to poke out beneath his cream hoof as a tiny pool of blood formed there. Silas casually turned his antlered crown to face the mare that had just appeared. She was dark— beautiful and wild-looking. Her pale eyes glanced down at the small, broken body of the fowl.

To his surprise, she reacted with neither disgust nor fear nor shock. He was always met with at least one of those emotions, usually a combination of the three.

‘Are you going to eat that?-‘

His golden eyes stared into her pale ones for a long moment. ’Not at all what I expected.’ He moved slowly from his comfortable position, taking a few steps to the side away from her. ”I think not. I’m not particularly hungry, and that little nibble is hardly worth picking those tiny bones from my teeth.” He scoffed and his nostrils flared as he did. ”The tiny ones always seem to get stuck so easily. But please, enjoy it if you’re so inclined.”

Silas made a small gesture toward the bird stomped into the ground. He did not ask if she ate meat. Or if she had teeth like his. Or how she came to be a carnivore... if that was what she was. He asked none of these questions, though they had already lined up in his mind. The kirin’s attention has deviated to the cougar that was not far behind the mare.

The cougar didn’t appear to be hunting, and if it was, it was doing a terrible job of it. The mare had to have been aware, yet she showed no concern. His curiosity rose with each passing second. His eyes glittered and he turned his gaze back to her. ”Is he your pet... or are you his?”

Messages In This Thread
For the birds - by Silas - 05-16-2018, 08:07 AM
RE: For the birds - by Histe - 05-22-2018, 06:06 PM
RE: For the birds - by Silas - 06-01-2018, 12:44 PM
RE: For the birds - by Histe - 06-10-2018, 11:29 AM
RE: For the birds - by Silas - 06-26-2018, 10:39 PM