Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A New Beginning

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Essielure

---

walking along the same path that has led her through forests and across rivers, 
Essielure begins to hear hustling and bustling, without a doubt The Dawn Court. 
Her ears perk up and she begins to flutter her wings in excitement. 
There is a Festival happening! She passes under a welcoming sign of flowers 
as two foals zoom by, nearly knocking off her satchel. she smiles, she has finally arrived.

where to begin? where to first explore? 
is there a shop to purchase such lovely floral souvenirs? so many questions, so much to see. 
As she passes by a few game booths, her eyes cant seem to move fast enough, 
her pupils fill with the colors of summer and her nostrils breath in the sweet smell of flowers. 
Essie takes it all in, hungry for new culture.

continuing her way through the streets, she decides to take a rest under a maple tree. 
reaching into her satchel she pulls out the lunch sack her mother had made for her, 
she had been too excited along her travels and neglected the fact that 
she needs to eat to survive. she scarves down her sandwich and apple. Essie leans back on 
the trees trunk and closes her eyes for a moment. listening to the sounds of the festival, 
she smiles sweetly. she is home, well, her new home now.

---

tagging: @orion

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

The festival was full of so many horses and familiar faces, and Orion found himself wandering about the masses of them, flitting between them. On his head, gifted by Ipomoea for the festival, he wore a crown of roses and orchids, colors that stuck out around his horns and ears, the alabaster of his face.

His body was filled with a lovely hum of excitement, having just danced with Somnus and now wandering about again after parting ways. Milky eyes scanned the foals that ran by, giggling and playing, zipping past him and squealing as they did, leaving him to laugh in their wake. It was a lovely time of the year for Delumine, and he was glad for it.

Stepping around another few festival-goers, he flicked his ears as he saw a woman, a new face, under a nearby maple tree. She seemed to be enjoying the bright atmosphere around her, and his head bobbed a little before he approached calmly, large hooves clicking against mortar to announce his coming.

Carefully, he cleared his throat, the smile tugging on his lips. "You're a new face. Welcome to Delumine, and the Festival of Music and Arts. Are you a visitor from another Court, or perhaps someone seeking a home within the Dawn Court?" He paused, realizing he'd been rather forward. "I am Orion, Dawn Court Emissary. A pleasure to meet you."

@Essielure || quickly grabs up this thread tbh

Essielure

---

as essie continues to rest and watch the crowds go by, her ears flick up as a large 
stallion approaches her. his hooves make a clicking sound as they make 
their way to her. she gleams up at him, mouth agape, almost in awe of his tall stature. 
The man speaks, "You're a new face. Welcome to Delumine, and the Festival of Music 
and Arts. Are you a visitor from another court, or perhaps someone seeking a 
home in Dawn Court?" essie flicks her head to the side, her wings fumble along 
with the sharp movement, as the stallion realizes he may have approached essie too 
forwardly. He speaks once more, this time with a lower tone, 
"I am Orion, Dawn Court Emissary. A pleasure to meet you."

Essies face slowly turns from curious to extremely pleased. 
her wings flutter slightly at the welcoming words of this new acquaintance. 
"I am Essielure, and the pleasure is all mine, kind sir." essie spoke with a child 
like grin on her face. noticing she was still flopped on the soil, she perks up and stands 
at attention to properly greet the Emissary. "my goodness!" essie, dusting the 
dirt off her knees, looks up at the stallion, "i really must not forget my manners" 
she giggles, then clears her throat to answer his question. "yes, i have just arrived 
actually, and was hoping to find an inn that i could unpack and rest at. do you 
have any suggestion?" the mare pleasantly smiled at Orion.

---

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

It wasn't the first time he'd seen someone with wings on their head, nestled behind their ears, and Orion was certain it wouldn't be the last, either. He smiled, dipping his head as he heard her name, causing a few petals to flutter off from a rose. One gently landed on his nose, and he blew out a soft breath to send it on its way as he smiled back at Essielure.

"It's quite alright. I know attending a festival can make you forget everything except what you're enjoying," he pointed out gently. Still, amusement danced over his face and his head bobbed slightly in an answer, turning a little to gaze off towards the main hustle and bustle of the citadel. "There are many places that will welcome you to rest your head here. I can show you around, if you'd like," he offered.

There wasn't much else for him to do at the moment, and he'd love to help someone fall in love with Delumine just as he himself had done.

@Essielure

Essielure

---

Essielure listens to Orion as he offers to show her around, 
she quickly gathers up her lute and satchel, sloppily tossing the bag over 
her withers and attaching the lute to one of the tassels. 
they begin to make their way around. "So you come around here often?" 
essie snorts as she realizes she has made one of her awful jokes 
that most likely she only thinks is funny. her wings slightly 
cover her eyes with embarrassment as her cheeks blush. 

scurrying along, essie is almost at a light trot keeping up 
with Orions large strides. she doesnt mind though, 
her lute gently thumps on her side. 

essie peers around looking at all the structures and shops,
one of these is bound to have some good fishing bait.
looking back up to Orion essie blurts her thought out,
"I've heard there is a nice Library around here, 
do you mind if that is our first visit?" essie says, hoping
the stallion doesnt mind, as she quickly adjusts her satchel
on her back. "i do enjoy a good read, and would
love to learn about some of the history of this place.
as well as the fish in these area." essies eyes
light up as she bounces to her trot. her wings flopping
along with the beat.

---

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

Oh she was so young and bright, a beam of daylight breaking through a cloudy day to him. Warm, inviting him to relax and reminding him that it was okay to act normal, to shed his Emissary title and leave it once he greeted someone. To be one of the masses, rather than standing at the head of them with the rest of the regime.

Her words startle him from his thoughts, and a laugh bubbles up from his throat and out of his mouth, his face brightening. "Well, considering I live here, I would certainly hope so."

As they walk, coming around a corner, he flicks an ear and the smile tugs his lips again. "We do have a rather large library, with plenty on the history of Delumine and its habitats." Adjusting his course, he led the way through the streets to the large main building itself, climbing up stairs with soft clicks of his hooves.

"I think you'll find it lovely in the library. It's always good to settle with maybe a cup of tea on the side while you read,"' he mentioned. Opening the door, he allowed her in first, before once more stepping up to her side and leading the way to the cavernous hold of books. They spanned the walls in the hundreds, shelves decorating the middle of the floor, reaching high toward vaulted ceilings.

"Would this do?"

@Essielure

Essielure

---

As they approach the Librarys main entrance, essie pauses and looks up at
the tall building towering above her. "its beautiful" she says, her eyes nearly
bulging out of her head. she quickly follows after Orion through the doors.

As the stallion speaks about tea and reading books, essie can
imagine it. her stomach grumbles with eagerness. then - as
Orion shows her the grand library, essie squeals. "EEEE! 
will this do? oh my goodness, this will do!" she flaps her
wings with joy and slightly lifts on the floor for a split second.

she zooms between the long rows of shelves,
moving so quickly that her satchel knocks a few books
right out of their place. being oblivious to this, she continues to
scan through the books blurting out their titles, "A Fishermans Guide to 
Rapax River! EEE!" she shovels the book into her satchel. 
"Songs of Novus! oh this is a must!" she quickly slips the book
into her satchel once more. out of breath and slowly realizing she left
Orion standing at the entrance, she trots back to him.
her satchel now over filled and thumping heavily on her side.

essie breathes heavily, "oh my." she catches her breath. "this
is just a dream come true, i believe." she twirls as she looks up
at the vaulted ceiling, then looks back at Orion.

"where to next, captain?"

---

@orion

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

She was off like a shot, zipping between shelves and bookcases alike and blurting titles. Orion trailed only a little behind her to pick up the books that had been knocked from their place, slotting them back onto the shelves with what telekinetic ability he had, ensuring they were back in place. By the time he had finished and returned to the door, she was coming back, this time with a full satchel.

Essie was so joyous and a bright beam of light, leaving Orion feeling rather warm and almost buoyant. Honestly, he would have to remember to see her again even after this, to feel lighter than air and to make friends with her. Perhaps settle for some tea an read over books, or maybe talk to her about things that they could have in common and enjoy talking about.

"You'll have to let me hear some of your songs, you know. Or perhaps we can talk over tea about fishing and anything else you want to know," he pointed out.

Still, the Emissary laughed and began to lead the way again, looking more cheerful by the moment. "Now, I believe, I was showing you to an inn? Or you could stay in the citadel itself, we have many rooms available, and it's close to the library."

@Essielure

Essielure

---

eager to get to her new home, essie begins to follow
Orion back out to the streets. glancing back at the Library,
essie smiles and already cant wait until her next visit.

"oo the citadel?" she flicks her tail, swatting a honey bee
away. most likely drawn to all the gorgeous flowers of the
festival. "i would love to stay there." essie smiles up at Orion.
her hooves clack against the streets cobblestone, her pace even
more quick then before. essies excitement grows.

she looks up at Orions flower crown, as a few soft
petals float off. she watches as they swirl around each other,
as if dancing one last time together before reaching the ground.
it reminds her of her parents, and their love for each other.
she offers a small smile while looking down at the cobblestone.
essie wonders what they are doing at this moment,
and thinks how much her mother would adore this festival.

lost in the moment, essie quickly catches back up to Orions
pace. she fell back slightly, must have gotten lost in her thought.
she swats another bee away from her tail.

---

@orion

Orion

ORION
exiled prince

"Indeed. The Citadel has plenty of rooms in its halls. Many live within the walls." It was ideal for those that sought more security for sleeping, and ones that wanted to escape the heat of the days. "Well it just so happens I live there myself, among others. I can show you many of the open rooms," he offered.

Slowing his pace a little, he allowed her to keep up with him easier, and his ears flicked as he chuckled. The walk wasn't far, and he led her through the entryway, through winding halls. It didn't take long to come to the empty rooms, and he tilted his head to look back to Essie, finding himself smiling even more.

"Here. There's plenty of empty rooms. Some have more windows than others, if you prefer to see outside and view the rest of the court, as well as being more bright if you choose to stay in."

@Essielure

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »