Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Turhan

bone to rune
It is in the way that she approaches him that makes him suspect a mere unicorn for a goddess.  Although in many religions throughout the varying cultures he has learned and lived by like a Seikh, he has known the horned creatures to be representatives of Gods, male and female alike.  It is when she reveals her sword that he has the audacity to think, I know her.  "I know you."  It has nothing to do with what she asks him, but old minds do as they do - he is hiding no clever trick up his sleeve nor does he have any reason to be cruel to her.  I know you, he has said.  

But how?

This is not Vespera who speaks to him now in the tones of windstorms and seasides.  If steel had a soul it would speak harshly-brightly-sharply, just like Calliope. Most unusual, but Turhan knows that tingle in his spine when he feels it - when Death is so close and so far away all at once.  When Death is near, it is electric like a raging storm and so clearly obvious that the old one doesn't move.  He doesn't make an attempt to mark his target with hidden quills - unfair advantages are for gluttons and traitors.

"They come from the Sea.  They come from the Fire.  They come from the Mountain.  But you --"  yes! yes, she already knows she is different " -- you come from Between." Turhan seems so sure of it even though 'Between' is hardly a word to describe the offworlder in ways she might understand.  He sees no other way, finds no other words, and nods to her in reverent silence.

"I am, that rabbit.  We are, that rabbit. Time needs you here, now."  The Elder says after a long thoughtful break, he remains patient and calm under her scythe.  She couldn't have come to all of these lost souls at a better time, when the world as they all knew it was now crumbling beneath their feet.

Silence.

T U R H A N
skull to dust

@Calliope

Messages In This Thread
Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Turhan - 05-31-2018, 01:40 AM
RE: Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Calliope - 06-01-2018, 10:29 PM
RE: Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Calliope - 06-12-2018, 10:46 PM
RE: Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Turhan - 06-22-2018, 08:51 PM
RE: Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Calliope - 06-26-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Alte Füchse gehen schwer in die Falle [CALLIOPE] - by Calliope - 07-05-2018, 08:11 PM