Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - get them drunk on rose water

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pandora

♙ p a n d o r a ♙

I thought of angels choking on their halos
get them drunk on rose water

His smile is sheepish and uncertain, and he seems genuinely sorry for running into her; such manners are rare, especially when she collides with people. He seems to be a bit of an old soul, though, gentle and perhaps soft-spoken, but that is just her first impression. She smiles benevolently; doesn’t want the poor thing to feel too bad about crashing into her. “You’re certainly a charming one. Really - don’t worry about it, hun,” She says, with a wink. “I’m sturdier than I look, and I wasn’t watching where I was going, either.” Pandora’s immortality was different than most, far more conditional. She knew what it felt like to die, over and over again, in any number of ways; as a result, in spite of her delicate stature, she considered herself rather resilient, though it crosses her mind that she might have to reconsider that now that an injury could cause her permanent damage, or snuff her candles out entirely. She didn’t want to think about that, though, not right now – she didn’t want to think about the darkness that consumed her whenever she died becoming her permanent state, not a short blink of transition between one life and the next.

Flower petals spin around them in a sweet-scented, downy cloud, and the sound of music fills the air. Pandora adores festivals, and all of their liveliness; the smile that had already situated itself across her lips grows, elated. Lovely company, a lovely setting, lovely music, and the sweet scent of flowers – who could ever ask for more? She isn’t a simple creature, nor a creature with simple desires, but she’s lived long enough to learn to appreciate happy moments while they last.

He agrees to her proposition, and there is something strangely familiar to the way he speaks of his homeland. Pandora’s met other immortals before, and she wonders if he’s like her, or just older than he looks; he couldn’t be all that much older than her, but she supposes that she can ask about that later. Best to start with the basics, set up the background for her story. “Relic – lovely name. I’m Pandora; you could say I’m also from a land far, far away, but I’ve been travelling for a very, very long time.” She hasn’t seen her homeland in what feels like – and probably has been – thousands of years. She still remembers it; when she thinks about it hard enough, she can still taste the sweetness of the oranges on her tongue or feel the warm water against her skin. “I feel like you have to know where someone’s from to get to know them…what’s your homeland called? What’s it like there?” Maybe she’s visited it – but there are countless lands out there, practically infinite ones. More likely than not, it’s another vast unknown. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tags | @Relic
notes | <3

@

Messages In This Thread
get them drunk on rose water - by Pandora - 05-31-2018, 09:43 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Relic - 05-31-2018, 11:19 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Pandora - 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Relic - 06-26-2018, 03:54 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Pandora - 06-27-2018, 02:12 AM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Relic - 06-27-2018, 03:12 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Pandora - 06-28-2018, 01:02 PM
RE: get them drunk on rose water - by Relic - 07-03-2018, 03:45 PM