Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Tessellate

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hydra

SHE MOVED FORWARD briskly in order to fall into stride with Kauri, allowing her actions to serve as silent consent to his invitation. The stallion reminded her so much of a twilight sky promising a storm, writhing with pulses of lightening as demons stirred inside. Hydra grew silent in contemplation as her dark eyes sank to the ground beneath the lightly wooded creek side. The moonlight dappled their path, painting it in silver and shadows.

There was a pause as she gathered her thoughts, reminiscing on the times when she was a foal trying to skip rocks fruitlessly off the surface of the turbulent ocean. Her father had laughed without fail every time, deep and hearty and with every fiber of his being. It was her favorite sound. All she could do was cast him a pout and glare in indignation, but her stubbornness was always quick to crack against the face of his love.

“Thanks, Kauri,” she began with a faint smile that was hardly traceable in the moonlight, though anyone could hear it in her voice. “I hate to bother you with trivial ramblings of a filly, but since you asked…,” she jested lightly before turning a more serious leaf.

“It’s just been… an adjustment, leaving home, especially to find myself in this place with its gods and tumult. I was welcome in my homeland only by the mountain peaks, beaches, and waves, but never by the tribe." Her non-use of the word 'my' was subtle yet profound in how it portrayed her self-image with relation to her birthplace. She cast a sideways glance at him, an invitation to insert input at any time if he felt compelled. "Being with my parents was the only time I felt content, but even that only lasted so long. Most of the time I can do without a sense of belonging, of needing a community, but lately it’s just been gnawing at me, you know? And after what I've seen thus far, I'm not so sure this place is a fit for such a plainly clad filly from the shores of nowhere.”

Oh Hydra, you're bordering on throwing yourself a pity party.

H Y D R A
How the heavens they opened up
Like arms of dazzling gold
With our rain-washed histories well, we do not need to be told
@Kauri : )

Messages In This Thread
Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-01-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 09:34 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-27-2018, 02:28 PM