Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Tessellate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kauri

burn through my love, i've had quite enough

His chest rattled. Here come another ache from the past, seeking eyes aligning onto the path they took. Although light softly showed the area, his mind could only see the world darken again. Slowly he blinked, letting the short silence embrace his form. He thought back to a different place but blanketed under the same time of night. Lying down upon soft sands with a burning flame there to entertain a slipping conscious. Against his chest, a little ball of fur already on the path to its dreams. How was that little fox doing without him? The vultures, the snakes, all the dangers it would be left to face alone. But, what was he to think that it did not sustain injury from the encounter that forced them apart? It would be a waiting game. In come the agonizing seed ready to sprout into more than just worry.

Nearly consumed by overthought, sight glided to his musing company. Kauri wandered what leeched her attention into the plane of thought; his ears perked once seeing the dame open her mouth. Immediately, he dismissed her word of gratitude and jesting with a snort. In this time, at this increasing age, the best thing he could do was listen. As one's youth dies, there grow envy or regret. May she say it to be trivial things, but the former warden would think of her words significant until all has been spoken.

Pacing his steps along with Hydra's, he listened to her concerns and problems. For a moment, as much as it sadden him, he recalled his years as a colt. Although loved and supported by family and friends, he left such comfort to gain the independence he once lacked. Then flashed a certain group in his mind, and did his body shake and breathing rasped. He sought to only peek through memories, but easily did he get pulled in and drowned. Kauri stopped walking. Nostrils contracted in forced breaths. Why was he upon a world of overbearing realms? Back within the fray, Mother forbid he go astray. "Different, an outcast from that tribe? And so, you want to mingle, to see what it could have been," he speculated. Though still distressed, his voice remained calm. "But I can see, whatever that may be."

Legs began moving once more, taking back up the path they followed. "I'm sure you'll make your mark whether on your own or within a group. You have potential, while I'm simply a lost cause amongst these people," he admitted. Honestly, he stood glad he could no longer shape himself to fit in. The masked equine was tired, done falling for the trap of wanting to be accepted by others. He's gone lengths and strides to soon discover that he has fallen back instead of going forward. Turning his gaze to Hydra, he hummed. "However, don't get twisted up on trying to blend in. Do you call from anywhere here, currently?" he asked for what court she may associate with. If anything like he, no court does he speak for despite the hatchet over his head stating otherwise..

"Speaks" | Thinks
@Hydra ♥
•••

Messages In This Thread
Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-01-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 09:34 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-27-2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-27-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 07-08-2018, 10:55 PM