Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Tessellate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Hydra

HYDRA WASN’T TOO wrapped up in herself for Kauri’s hastened breathing and missed footfall to go unnoticed. She paused then, matching her stride with his while furrowing her brow and widening her eyes in concern. The dun mare had decided that she liked Kauri, and thus her vein of loyalty had been tapped. It is deep and hard to find, but once struck, nearly impossible to cauterize.

“Hey,” she spoke low, gentle but firm, eying him with a sideways stare. His voice gave no sign of distress as he forged on with the conversation, though Hydra’s eyes were trained on his body language like a herding dog. She nodded in agreement at his speculation, running her tongue over her teeth behind pursed lips. Only when he resumed walking did she turn away from him, keeping pace on their midnight stroll.

“Thanks, Kauri, though I have a hard time believing half of that sentence,” she smiled, almost saddened by his comments, though pity had no place here tonight. “Mmm… It was never something that I could do, so I can’t really miss it, right?” Her smile cracked just a bit more, the moonlight glinting off of the sliver of exposed teeth.

“I’m new to Denocte, the Night Court, though I haven’t spent much time there yet so I would hesitate to call it home,” she offered, a weak shrug rolling off of her shoulders as she nimbly stepped over a fallen branch. “I originally came from a place called Seasna. Quite far from here, though it was a surprisingly uneventful journey. I lived with my parents in a village nestled against the mountainside of the Ivory Ridge. My father was a woodworker while my mother was part of the foraging party. It was a simple place, really, free of war and that ilk.” She reminisced briefly on the one time that she could recall a fight had broken out. It had been over a case of infidelity, something she had found stupid – something that a young foal would not understand.

“Gods were not part of that world. The natural world and a greater force that was omnipresent yet had no physical form was what we studied and what was taught. Something akin to paganism, or druidism, I suppose.” A brief pause enveloped her as she recalled the past year for a moment, though no mist clouded her eyes.

Her gaze moved abruptly back to her companion, the shadows dancing with his stripes. “What about you, Kauri?”

H Y D R A
How the heavens they opened up
Like arms of dazzling gold
With our rain-washed histories well, we do not need to be told
@Kauri <3

Messages In This Thread
Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-01-2018, 08:55 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-13-2018, 07:41 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-14-2018, 12:43 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-14-2018, 09:34 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Kauri - 06-15-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Tessellate - by Hydra - 06-27-2018, 02:28 PM