Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

over the moaning bones
of those who quit and chose to remain

An amused sort of grin carves itself into his crimson façade, one that cares not to try and hide his sense of pride in himself and the things he’s accomplished. “I am quite talented in my field,” he conceded, lids falling briefly over his eyes as he raised his porcelain cup to take a long drink of the steaming, spicy liquid which warmed his belly pleasantly, ”Thank you.”

Asterion seemed to grow flustered at his compliment and the formality of his bow from before, and this time Atreus’ smirk is one of true amusement, widening in its place across his dark maw. “The first, perhaps, but certainly not the last, Majesty. One must show respect where respect is due – such as now.”

Their conversation shifts back to the party around them, and when the starlit bay mentions a familiar name, the poison master’s interest is piqued at once. He takes another sip of his drink, but this time his gaze doesn’t stray. As interested as he may be in the mute woman, now is not the time, and here is not the place. Instead, he listens as Asterion speaks of his role as Regent, which is described far more vaguely than he had been hoping for. Later, he promised himself.

Unsurprisingly, the knife is turned on him next, and he weaves his lies with just as much ease as he would crafting a deadly poison. “My mother was an accomplished healer in the Kingdom of Saseasha,” he explained patiently and without an ounce of hesitation, “And as she tended to the Royal family, I was given the opportunity to learn and join her when I became of age. It captivated me in a way nothing else has since. She met an untimely demise, unfortunately, but after that, I traveled to as many lands as I could to learn different methods so that I might extract my own. We had traveled through Novus previously, and I had enjoyed our visit immensely; so I chose to come back to it.”

There was a grain of truth to the statement, but nothing more.

Swallowing the final drops of his drink, Atreus cast his gaze out across the meadow which glowed in the firelight, the masses still gathered around the many tables and piling their plates as high as they were able. “… You said earlier you have audiences to hold with the public,” he said as he set the now empty cup gently atop the table, tipping his head to gesture off toward the rest of the party-goers, “I would hate to keep you from them any longer than I already have. I’ve appreciated your time, however, Asterion – I hope we can exchange pleasantries again soon.”

“Speaking.”
credits

@Asterion IT'S LIKE FIVE MONTHS LATE LMAO I'm so sorry ;-; But it's done!

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-09-2018, 10:42 AM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-27-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 06-29-2018, 08:13 PM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Atreus - 12-09-2018, 04:42 AM
RE: I Run On the Wrong Side of Life [Twilight Party] - by Asterion - 12-13-2018, 02:19 PM