Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - freedom at last

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Indra

life's but a walking shadow

Indra’s own expression is one of mild interest as the other mare turns toward her, but at the stranger’s words, the unicorn’s brows lift slightly. “You think Tempus himself is in that meeting?” she asks, her tone suspended somewhere between incredulity and awe. She has never been the type to put much stock in deities—she’s never seen a sign of favor, nor asked for one, and she’d be lying if she claimed to believe with her whole heart in their existence. Still, something in the other mare’s words, the sincerity of them, sends a little thrill running down Indra’s spine. The gods, here?

Her gaze follows the stranger’s, roving over the clearing, the gathered horses, the tree line, the sealed meeting place. “Do you believe the gods walk among us,” she muses, curious as to the other’s views, “to watch, and listen, and mete out punishment?” Novus, she knows, takes its religion very seriously, at least compared to other worlds that she has travelled. Many of its inhabitants were come from far-flung places—but the natives she has met so far, at least, are generally devout. “Even if it’s suicide,” she continues dryly, “I wouldn’t put it past some of them.” She’s heard enough of the tempers raging between the courts to doubt if even the gods’ displeasure would be a deterrent, should disagreements escalate.

Remembering the way that Night had closed its gates, threatening brimstone to any who might cross, she shivers again—a very different kind of shiver than the one that had passed through her a moment before. She glances back at her companion, her golden eyes glittering in the sunlight. “I’m Indra,” she offers, “of the Dusk Court. I guess that means I should watch out for Vespera.” A flicker of a smile. “And who is your deity of choice?”

i n d r a

@Araxes @ sorry to be so slow! I guess rn I'm just playing this as if it's before the rockslide,
since I have her reacting to that in a different thread, but feel free to take it wherever you like :)

Messages In This Thread
freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-14-2018, 01:52 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-14-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-14-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-21-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-26-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-28-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 07-31-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 07-31-2018, 07:37 PM