Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - freedom at last

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Indra

life's but a walking shadow

Indra tilts her head in interest as Araxes describes having known a few horses who were granted fantastical companions. She has not seen any herself, yet, roaming the lands of Novus—at least, none that she has recognized for what they are—but she has heard mention of such creatures. Perhaps, she thinks grimly, even the dragons of Denocte were among them, bound to fulfill the whims of those who governed the court. The thought does not give her much comfort, to know that there are individuals with such powerful allies at their bidding.

Araxes mentions a lover, and the unicorn allows herself a small smile, though something in the phrasing—I fell in love—gives her pause, with its sense of ending. It is not her place, of course, to ask what became of that relationship, and so she simply nods, her horn glinting in the sunlight. As Araxes continues, explaining the disappearance of the Night regime, Indra’s sense of foreboding grows. What sort of leadership would abandon their people in a time of need—and moreover, a time of great change, with the gods themselves at hand? And what could it mean, that these rulers had vanished without a trace?

“That is troubling,” Indra says carefully. “I wonder if the people of Night will try to pursue them and learn what happened. I hope a new regime will step up to take their place, and provide Denocte with the guidance that it needs.” As Araxes asserts her own commitment to her kingdom, Indra nods again, liking the ferocity in her eyes. “The Night Court is lucky,” she says, “to have Champion as loyal as yourself.”

It is only then that Indra notices the crowds around them packing in more tightly, the horses shifting with restlessness, the sun beating down fiercely overhead. She has lost track of time, she realizes guiltily, remembering the blue blooms she had promised to find for Turhan. A glance around the clearing is all that it takes to convince her that this situation won’t likely be changing any time soon; she has little doubt that she can slip away to complete her errand and return without missing a thing.

“I should be going,” she says to Araxes, “but perhaps we’ll meet again soon. I wish you and Denocte the best.” And with a parting toss of her mane, the unicorn turns and is gone.

i n d r a

@Araxes sorry for the unreasonable wait!! figured I'd wrap this one up since it's so old now,
but perhaps they'll bump into each other again some time :3

Messages In This Thread
freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-14-2018, 01:52 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-14-2018, 04:32 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-14-2018, 08:26 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-21-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-26-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 06-28-2018, 03:14 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 06-30-2018, 02:25 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Indra - 07-31-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: freedom at last - by Araxes - 07-31-2018, 07:37 PM