Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Out of a misty dream

Users browsing this thread:

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Myfanwy

Myfanwy, may you spend your lifetime

Beneath the midday sunshine's glow,

The pale mare could not restrain the slow, creeping smile that tugged at her lips as Asterion repeated her name as best he could. It was an unwieldy thing at best, as quaint and folksy as could be found amongst the peoples of Novus simply because there was nothing in Novus more isolated than a séasúr kelpie and nothing more resistant to progress. 'Asterion' was far more grand, echoing the starlight etched into his skin like one of the fanciful demigods of old.

So now you know me – I hope that means I’ll see you at the next one.

She bit her lip, suddenly coy under the glow of his own grin. "Perhaps you will, Asterion." She had not realized how closely the swaying boughs of the willow tree had brought them together until an errant breeze stirred a leafy tendril against her flank and disturbed the teardrop pearls dangling from her veil. Carried along in its delicate grasp, intermingled with the creek's lush, florid greenery, was a hint of warm earthy brine. His scent.

Suddenly the danger struck her, that she should smile so freely at this boy and meet his eye under the looming threat of autumn - and all this mere strides from her waters, where scant hours ago something far more innocent met its untimely end to satisfy her beastly whims.

Myfanwy leaned back slightly, aware of their closeness and the lingering shadow of brine in her lungs. She blushed brightly beneath the silver-dusted fur of her cheeks. "I hope you will," she said, and the fae enthusiasm had been replaced with almost impatient apprehension that her attempt at an accompanying chuckle did little to bolster. "The time! I forgot, I...I need to go." It was her turn to step backward now, careful not to go any nearer to the creek's edge.

"Thank you for the story!" she said and, unwilling to give him the opportunity to stop her, Myfanwy bounded almost deerlike through the willow branches and deeper into Viride forest.

And on your cheeks O may the roses

Dance for a hundred years or so.

@Asterion | ;-;

Messages In This Thread
Out of a misty dream - by Myfanwy - 06-16-2018, 02:38 PM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Asterion - 06-17-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Myfanwy - 06-20-2018, 08:15 PM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Asterion - 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Myfanwy - 07-05-2018, 02:50 AM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Asterion - 07-06-2018, 03:32 PM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Myfanwy - 07-13-2018, 12:53 AM
RE: Out of a misty dream - by Asterion - 07-13-2018, 03:15 PM