Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Our choices seal our fate

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying,
'Come and see.' and I saw.

Raymond recognized Araxes - not the way one would mark the face of an acquaintance, but in the way one recognizes parts of the shepherd dog in a wolf, or the bird in a theropod dinosaur. He could tell at a glance that he'd seen the mare before, but only in a poetic sense, and it took no great scientist to guess where.

The memory of a brief exchange, a lost boy in search of a home and a purpose within walls to which neither of them belonged, crossed his mind.

He turned his head to face the spotted mare, loath for the time being to disturb the raven sitting limply just behind his withers by actually moving, and took in her feathered ear-crests, her spotted skin, the melancholy lilt of her voice. Certainly there was no mystery to her sadness when the pair of them stood amongst the withered husks of decades of forest growth and the disintegrated remains of animals whose only crime had been existing. Certainly there was no mystery to sadness in the shadow of a gate that had until recently played the dual role of shield and jailor.

"I think I've seen your face before," Raymond replied thoughtfully, "but you weren't the one wearing it."

A son, perhaps, or a nephew. He wondered if Cynix had indeed chosen to remain in Dusk court among friendlier company, or if he'd made good on his dream to go roving. But that was a concern for another day and happier tidings, for there were greater shadows cast here than the one of passing recognition.

Raymond
And at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
When the man comes around.

@Araxes

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Messages In This Thread
Our choices seal our fate - by Raymond - 06-26-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: Our choices seal our fate - by Araxes - 06-26-2018, 02:46 PM
RE: Our choices seal our fate - by Raymond - 06-27-2018, 01:25 AM
RE: Our choices seal our fate - by Araxes - 06-27-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: Our choices seal our fate - by Raymond - 06-30-2018, 01:47 AM
RE: Our choices seal our fate - by Araxes - 06-30-2018, 02:13 PM