Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - second meetings

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Umbra

Elegant ivory lobe twisted toward the hum of Orion’s tune. Listening intently it was hard to miss the slight laughter he’d given at the end of his speech. It was true, a thing like meeting new faces would be rather easy by wandering and running into others. A simple fix for a small problem in the end, or at least for others it may have been. I, on the other hand, was a more complex being preferring a life of solitude in the mountain side. Mostly to keep others at arms length to keep them protected in case something from my past was to rear its ugly head in the future. I was a loner, a stranger in my skin trying to figure out how exactly to move on from my past misdeeds. That was really one reason I had refused to judge others based on both appearance and past, as in my own opinion we all had something to hide in the end.

The slight twist of his vaguely fleshy colored lips bound by scars captured my attention again, “That is one of, I assume, many reasons why you have chosen to venture out beyond your books then?” I questioned pleasantly. I couldn’t quite remember the last time I had sat down with a book, but based on my life's events I suppose it would have had to have been when I was still a child. Reading learning how to better the crops for a fruitful season with my family, before of course, the end of that village. A flash of memories came before my golden gaze passing by like aging pictures bound in blacks and whites. I could feel my own heart beginning to be pulled, plucked, like a violin’s strings. Though a soft shake of my head the still framed memories receded back into the closeted space within my mind. There was no reason to allow the past to upset me, after all.

I took a few moments to overlook the scenery from our clifftop perch. The sea of color spreading out before us both. Autumn’s afternoon sun setting a light golden glaze across the fiery coloration of the dying leaves. I heard Orion’s question, it wasn’t easy to block out the soft hum of a tune like his own. For a few moments I pressed my velvety kissers together thinking how to compare something I hardly understood to the home I had known long ago. “My homeland wasn’t rich, and we depended on one King for protection.” I mused for a moment slowly feeling my gaze seeping away from the fiery hints of autumn, instead receding back into the few memories I held fondly. “Most of us were farmers, or merchants. Few were in the company of the king, and many didn’t agree with his way of thinking of course.” I spoke softly slowly returning to my sense of self. Turning my ivory painted skull away from the ocean of fire and toward the monotone stallion listening.

“The home I knew is gone. Scratched from the books of history, specks of ash on the wind really.” I finally finished not delving into the complete detail of what had happened. A refusal of marriage, an angry noble, and the bulk of payment to the masked figures that ransacked the village. Ending not only the parents I had, but everyone who had tried to fend them off. "Tell me, was your home different from this place?”

"speech"

UMBRA
the bombshell
@Orion | ooc; hopefully this isn't too terrible | image by huniidu@dA

Messages In This Thread
second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 09:31 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 10:14 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-28-2018, 11:36 AM