Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - second meetings

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Umbra

I had realized the more I stood socializing with this equine by the name of Orion that the features of my face, particularly my cheeks, had begun to become sore. I didn’t want to offend or come off as rude if I wiped the half-smile from my features, though at the same time I was sure I would regret it later. Instead I pressed my velvety pink hued lips together as I listened to his tune. Was this true? Gods lived within the realms of this isle with their creations? All of the Gods I had known, stories from my travels, never hinted at such a thing before. The last isle I had become a part of before leaving abruptly had something similar, but not something I would openly willingly trust. A silent nod of my ivory cranium as I listened waiting for him to finish so I could ask my uneducated questions about this particular land.

“You speak about the Gods as if they are returning here among us?” I questioned hinting on subtle laughter. This was something unheard of, at least back in my homeland when it still existed. The gods never came down from their home within the sky, somewhere beyond the stars or perhaps the stars themselves. We had temples of course to worship, but they would have never stepped a foot into the living realm. “I apologize it is a strange concept for me to grasp.” I added after a few moments. I was unsure what to really think of ‘Gods returning’ of course with that image within my head I could also imagine why it would have created quite a stir within the equines that find themselves at home here within these lands. Novus was quite a strange place indeed.

There was more to tell from my story of home, of course. Things that I wouldn’t utter to someone I had just met. These things were the build up to the raid of the village that I had called home. What had happened after, being the only survivor, was a journey in itself. Taken under the wing of a special fighter who had fended off the mercenaries. Trained under them until I was of age to join the war that raged without his blessing. Using what he had given me, taught me, through those years against others of our kind slaughtering them where they stood. I remembered plenty of cobblestone streets that had been flooded with the sticky red liquid that was considered life's blood. Before the war ended… Afterwards I had realized my misdeeds, one reason why I don’t believe I deserve the happiness I see others holding onto so dearly.

A shake of my ivory cranium brought me from my thoughts the past fleeting away in a matter of moments. The heart within my chest felt as if it was pounding attempting to break the bones and escape into Novus on it’s own. I took a deep breath, and another beginning to slow it down remembering I wasn’t in the times of old anymore. I was somewhere new, unknown to those that surround me. Though it would be something I wouldn’t be able to hide, forever. “It seems there has been plenty of heartache to go around. At least there is this place, Novus, that allows a sense of home.” I wasn't sure if it was the sense of home I was getting, or if I would eventually come to call this isle home. For now I would wander and decide later.

"speech"

UMBRA
the bombshell
@Orion | ooc; hopefully this isn't too terrible | image by huniidu@dA

Messages In This Thread
second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 08:32 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 09:16 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 09:31 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 10:00 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-27-2018, 10:14 PM
RE: second meetings - by Umbra - 06-27-2018, 10:41 PM
RE: second meetings - by Orion - 06-28-2018, 11:36 AM