Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - be yourself

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Jezanna

As the other woman spoke, Jezanna's eyes traced the same path as her companion's. It was true, she remembered fondly the first day she had set foot within the Court. It had been late in the night but laughter and firelight had filled the streets, bodies rushing past going from where and to where she didn't know. All she had known then was that this place, its customs, its people, were strangers to her. She felt differently know, knew more now. She guessed many had left at the announcement of the gates being closed, but many had also stayed.

"It may seem neglected, forgotten, for now, but it will pass. Better days will come, others will return. Nothing stays lost forever," Jezanna smiled gently, attempting to reassure the speckled woman at her side, "Least of all hope." It was them who kept such things as hope alive, their love and care, their loyalty. If they did not give up then they could only have fruitful pursuits. She believed that and would always stand by it. All was not lost, indeed.

Her silver gaze appraised the expression of the woman's face, watching the way it softened. Jezanna was not surprised by the sentiment that was spoken, but she thought that perhaps the other was searching for something that was gone. "I don't know if the Night Court you seek is here any longer. It, and its people, have changed and will always be changed." Her head lowered a bit, seeking the other woman's eye, "But, perhaps, a better Night Court is on the horizon?" It was something to work toward, at the very least.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Araxes," Jezanna spoke, another smile forming on her face as she lifted her head again, "I'm not so new anymore. It was spring when I first came here," she explained, reminded once more of those days that seemed so far behind her. How was it that so much could change in just two seasons, the midnight girl wondered. She may have lived far longer than her mortal years, but she had never witnessed, much less been a part of, anything like what coming to Novus had given her. "My name is Jezanna," she said at last, and she finally accepted all parts of her, past and present.

"Speaking."

@Araxes

Messages In This Thread
be yourself - by Araxes - 06-30-2018, 05:32 PM
RE: be yourself - by Jezanna - 07-02-2018, 03:11 PM
RE: be yourself - by Araxes - 07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
RE: be yourself - by Jezanna - 07-02-2018, 06:22 PM
RE: be yourself - by Araxes - 07-02-2018, 06:53 PM
RE: be yourself - by Jezanna - 09-06-2018, 03:08 PM