Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

While Sloane had never been suicidal, she had seen many who were. She had seen the way some would launch themselves over a cliff, heard the way their bodies slammed against the jagged rocks on the way down. She never understood why someone might want to take the easy way out, to end a life before it could really even begin. Sloane may be strange, anti-social, and illusive, but one thing that she would never be was suicidal. Such an idea was seen as cowardness and a coward she was not.

She can hear the way his steps come closer and her ears track his movement. She was not a fan of close contact, so she made sure that he was not getting too close to her. She might be tolerating of company right now, but that did not mean that she wanted to waltz hand-in-hand at sunset with him. She had to work up to such things and honestly, she wasn’t sure if she would ever trust someone enough to let them close enough to touch her.

However, he does seem to want to participate in the conversation that she had chosen, although grim as it was. She supposed he was right, that it would hurt. She supposed it might be painless if the individual landing in such a way to snap a neck or bash a skull in. Perhaps then it would be a painless death. But really, what death was painless? “Some say that time is freeing…as if they left all their cares on the edge and just freed themselves from all the things tying them down.” She had once stood by another who had thrown himself over a cliff. He wanted to feel free of everything. He said that in that moment he might get a chance to true feel as though he had let go of everything. For him, it had been worth his untimely death.

But it was his question about who could really say for sure if the drop would hurt that has her head slowly turning towards him. She is unsure of what to say. She’s terrible at making small talk and she has never been very good at it. She sighs, there is a heaviness to her sigh, perhaps a sign that she is far more unhappy than she appears.

Turning, she turns to face him fully, her body parallel to the river below. “Tell me, what is Delumine like?” She has a thirst for knowledge that is almost insatiable. While she has been in Delumine for some time, she still does not have a feel for how this kingdom is. So many things have happened here, so many things that have shaped her perception of the place. Surely there was more to Delumine than death and destruction. Had she found herself in a court of hearts and flowers? She might die if she had.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
[TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 03-26-2019, 06:46 AM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-12-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 06-24-2019, 09:56 PM