Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 8
Signos: 325
Inactive Character

She follows him as he inches away, leading her away from the roaring riven and further inland where it might be considered safer. And yet, it was the riven that seemed to clear her thoughts. Ironically, it was the violent crashing of waves and the sounds of water against rock that helped her to find peace and serenity. It helped to clear her mind and keep her sharp. But it was the quiet of the meadow that allowed her thoughts to wander onto things it probably should not wander onto…onto things that might hurt herself one day.

They speak of Delumine, mostly of the good things, but some of the bad. Delumine was a place full of life and celebrations. It was also a place full of knowledge. He claimed that some knowledge came with a price and she informed him that everything came at a price. It might not be a big price or one so easily seen, but it would unveil itself over time. Some prices were so easy to pay while others took a lifetime and the debt never paid. But she says nothing more on the matter, for nothing else needed to be said.

She admits that she has not found her niche in Delumine, that this place still feels foreign and unwelcoming. Sure, there were kind souls that dwelled here, souls that welcomed her, but this place still felt unwelcoming. It wasn’t there fault. After all, Sloane was no so easily to get to know or get along with.

He admits that he too, did not have a home for a long time. Then he understood what it meant to be homeless, to never feeling as though he belonged somewhere. However, he claims that he found a home in Delumine, that he found his niche. He appeared happy, though she couldn’t be sure that he didn’t feel that way all the time. He struck her as one of those individuals that seemed to always be happy, even if the sky was grey. Sloane was not that type of person. When the sky was grey, she felt every shade.

He continues, claiming that perhaps her niche was here, somewhere, just waiting to be discovered. She doubted his words, much like she doubted the weather these days. Sighing, she looked at him. “I don’t know how to be a part of something greater - it’s not in my nature.” Then again, what was in her nature? Could it be that what she thought was her nature was really just her way of coping? Perhaps she was never meant to be the person she had become. What if it was all a façade and she was nothing?

She sighed as she picked up her stride, coming to walk alongside him. Her gait now matched his as they traveled towards the edge of the forest. “If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m not exactly the person people are quick to befriend.” She had no friends. She preferred her little island off by herself. Others were so different that she had no idea how to navigate a friendship with them. Then again, she didn’t blame them for the same opinion of her. It was hard to get to know a monster such as herself.

@Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
[TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 10-11-2018, 10:36 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 02-03-2019, 05:51 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 04-08-2019, 01:53 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-12-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Sloane - 05-14-2019, 09:55 AM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 05-18-2019, 07:41 PM
RE: [TW] i cry out but nothing comes now - by Ipomoea - 06-24-2019, 09:56 PM