Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the dawn on the lining of your skin

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

-

The word Eik rests like satin on her lips and chimes like a hymn in the leaves above them. Behind his still face there is movement. A silent, ancient bell rings inside of him, and it sounds like a memory that was never lived. Tides begin to churn. Slowly his chest starts to feel like a dam that struggles to hold back all the rivers and oceans, all the scars and stories that want to flow towards Isra. It is as though his name has never been spoken out loud, not really, until now.

He closes his eyes and tries as hard as he can to hold on to the way he feels in this instant.

When he opens his eyes there are tears in hers. He does not frown, not exactly, but his eyes darken. No. "There will be others, love." Despite the charcoal-colored fear that quivers in his chest his voice is calm and steady. A wall of warmth seems to rise up within him as he says that word- love. This thing they have, it is terrifying  for someone so accustomed to having nothing. It feels like a weakness, like a gamble, but he can't help himself-- he loved Isra even before he laid eyes on her.

"There will be so many sunrises, we won't be able to remember them all." Eik feels so incredibly sure that this is true. It makes him wonder if this is what Isra feels like when she creates. It is not wanting or willing, it is knowing what a thing will be.

"Isra," he says again, because he likes saying it. It feels like biting into a a crisp apple, like fall, like falling. When she reaches up to him, he catches the too-familiar scent of blood. Mingled with lavender and clover, it is deeply, deeply wrong. "Tell me what happened." His voice is gentle but his eyes are guarded as he looks at her. On the inside he feels red hot, like glass being spun into something-- something that changes with each moment from beautiful to terrible, fragile to strong-- something that does not know yet what the fire will make of it.

E I K
"Oh, sweet dream, fall with me
fall fast-- fall free-- fall with me."

-

art by Pherigo

@Isra <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Isra - 12-01-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Eik - 12-09-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Isra - 12-13-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Eik - 01-03-2019, 12:44 AM