Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the dawn on the lining of your skin

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

He's never been much interested in power. Even when he became emissary and learned how a title (a word) could be a weapon. Even when magic darkened his blood and ripped back the curtains from every window. But love, or maybe desire, changed him from a beaten dog to a hungry one.

He longs for power now.

To hold this moment, and stretch it out forever...

To make a paradise of her-- great plains of her neck and mountains of her rib cage, oceans of her eyes, heavens of blue scales--

To be in many places at once, to protect all the ones he cares for.

It would never be enough, though. That was the problem with power-- the more you had, the more you needed. But she lights a big old fire in him that needs more tinder, more gasoline, more more more. It licks at all the spaces between them, jumping upon that pyre.

(we'll even make burning delightful, and our ashes will dance in ways we never could)

She says "don't look away from me" more like a queen than a lover, and without thinking his dark eyes rise back to hers. If he had ever foolishly thought that part of her beauty could just be chalked up to the tricks that moonlight play... Isra is just as stunning in the sunlight, just as beautiful in the mud as in the falling snow. His heart sighs dramatically.

"We'll see it all, then. End to end. Together." He does not need to say I promise for his resolve to be heard.

But-- there is a nagging thought that Eik can only push it aside for so long. He wanted to keep it to himself but he can't help it, not when he's looking into her eyes. "I can't rest knowing he's still out there." His voice turns a little flat at the end, a little angry. It is a glimpse into the rage that simmers, a rage he can feel hiding in her bones as well. There can be love, there can always be love, but there cannot be peace without justice.

E I K
"Oh, sweet dream, fall with me
fall fast-- fall free-- fall with me."

-

@Isra so so sorry for the wait <3

Time makes fools of us all

Messages In This Thread
the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Isra - 12-01-2018, 09:32 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Eik - 12-09-2018, 07:01 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Isra - 12-13-2018, 10:44 PM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Eik - 01-03-2019, 12:44 AM
RE: the dawn on the lining of your skin - by Isra - 01-06-2019, 05:09 PM