Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I know no love without teeth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder
One of the four beasts saying, 'Come and see.' and I saw.

Of course it was.

He didn't bother to swallow the smile that played across his sooty lips. This was the savage queen that had fought fiends and dragons, that had bayed without fear for the blood of a heathen god. If she had been reckless, it was born of conviction and command. If she had been reckless, it was only because she had been sewn from the cloth of the Old Heroes, in whose footsteps and breaths lived the strength to bring even the mightiest of villains low.

Raymond fancied himself a relic of those old stories, too, but the stories belonged to others; he was but a shadow and a subtle knife.

His body, red stone carved with redder wounds, yielded like water to her touch, curling around her with an intimacy reserved only for times of love and war as his tail intertwined with hers. Ruth's slow, methodical breathing rumbled like distant thunder in his bones and her nose left tingles of electricity as it swept across his flesh. He leaned into the crest of her proud neck, breathing in the ozone scent that had painted the walls of whale-bone chapels and buried itself in the scales of butchered dragons.

Home was a concept both fearful and alien to the red stallion, a dead word in whose solitary syllable stood a forest of unmarked and unmourned graves, and yet he felt it here.

Not in Denocte, but here. In the moments they stole from damnable civilization.

War is always a little reckless, she'd said, and he tilted his head ever-so-slightly as though to catch the echo of her own words bounding across his racing thoughts. From her lips they had been barbed, angry, biting as she had been bitten by the recklessness that had spared her body at the expense of her pride. From his, they came with a sort of soft, stupid wonderment born of epiphany - like a lone wolf faltering as a distant howl joins his own upon the wind.

"I welcome the danger, as long as you're by my side."

and at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
when the man comes around

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Messages In This Thread
I know no love without teeth - by Raymond - 12-09-2018, 03:29 AM
RE: I know no love without teeth - by Calliope - 12-11-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: I know no love without teeth - by Raymond - 12-17-2018, 09:35 PM
RE: I know no love without teeth - by Calliope - 12-22-2018, 04:39 PM