Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Pendulum

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

She leans into each touch Isra offers her, though the collision of their skin is absent of warmth. Her tears vanish beneath the gentle, bitter touch of her queen. There is a silence between them, almost as deep as the fury that has buried itself deep inside. When her voice drifts away like the receding tides, it is only then that Isra speaks. Isra promises the gilded maiden safety. She feels the rot and fury creeping up. Protection, for her, would only come upon the heels of fire and ash. Instead, she wants to trade ash for sin, and skin for bone. It comes tightly wound in the cloak that belongs to death. It comes only when her sister breathes no more. Shock trickles through her veins as her Queen speaks again. The maiden of ash wonders if the house has as many worlds in its wall as she did. This gracious gift is one she will forever cherish. "But will the moon love me as fiercely as the Sun? Will she look upon me as her own child? Or shall I live in her shadow, as she was forced to live in the shadow of the selfish Sun?" Noctii breathes to Isra, her doubts spill from her lips like ash. Her words are stained with the rot of corruption that has taken her identity hostage. "I don’t even know where to begin thanking you. I have little to offer you, though my admiration for you, in all your bitter reveries and wise words, will not cease. You have my ceaseless loyalty, for this is all that I can offer to you. I will have to return to you soon, for I also have a gift for you. It is another memory from my wild youth, for I robbed the temples of their gods, and I have taken something symbolically precious."

Noctii is not proud, but there is still the fanfare of triumph hidden in her words. When Isra addresses the gods of Reth as hers, she shakes her head with a bitter laugh. Her laugh comes as cold as a clear winter night. As bitter as the promise that Isra makes to show them how cold the ire of the moon could be. "No, they are not my gods. They have been dead long before I came here, and they will remain in the ash and rot of their wrath and sins. Or I will bury them beneath my own rot and sin. We can show them how cold, and vicious a bite she has. They will know the cold fury that burns in my heart. Efphion is no sister of mine, and she will come. But she will find nothing for her here." Her words bled from the ink of her soul, and the true beast she was surfaced. Gone were her chains of sadness, exchanged for a gilded sword made of ire. It was made of the promises they made. It was forged before the audience that Isra had called. It was the dawn of a new era for the one who remained as the leftovers of the Sun’s fury.

The fury that was saved for her selfish, violent Sister. No, for the one who wore the disguise of a sister. What a bitter end for the former daughter of the Sun, now she was the daughter of Night. She will find favor with Caligo, just as she has found love for her Queen. Isra’s fury is cold when she next speaks. Her musing in title, the Wrath of the Moon. The smile she gives is not one that is absent of fury, but Noctii is still a wild and furious weapon. For too long she has wept and bled for the loss of her home. There is no more grief for her here, not with Isra’s blessing and friendship. "Perhaps, you will be the cold blade that strikes in the night. Wise, furious, and unforgiving. No, I don’t think you will just be the Wrath of the Moon, but the Blade of the Moon. Someone who is both beautiful, and dangerous. Someone who will teach this world just what fury really is. Not just someone, but you, Isra. Think of what the moon and the ashes can accomplish. We’ll bring this world to its knees, and they will weep and beg for mercy. This too I promise." Her own fury and resentment swims, but it is not for Isra. No, for she feels only a deep love for her Queen. "To dust and ashes with our enemies.”

"Speech" Thoughts

Notes: Sorry for the novel! If you'd like for Isra to know about Reth I'm 100% on board with that <3
Tags: @Isra /Open

And I thought
Maybe we could save ourselves

Messages In This Thread
Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-11-2018, 05:11 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-17-2018, 09:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-27-2018, 07:56 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 12-30-2018, 01:06 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 12-30-2018, 10:48 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Noctiilucent - 01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: Pendulum - by Isra - 02-09-2019, 09:51 AM